CPU + Motherboard Upgrade Questions

Hey,

I was wandering if anyone would either recommend a Asus rampage IV black edition or the Asus X79 Deluxe edition motherboard with the Intel 4930K,

Thanks!

Not the rampage way overpriced for what it is.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

Hey,

I was wandering if anyone would either recommend a Asus rampage IV black edition or the Asus X79 Deluxe edition motherboard with the Intel 4930K,

Thanks!

I'd probably say you don't need the RIVE-BE for more professional content creation however it does pack more features that would be useable over the X79 Deluxe rev2.0. But if I had a budget probably the Deluxe edition. 4930K pretty great for ...well more intensive multi-threaded over the 4820K & 4770/90K

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>