GeForce GTX 780 Unboxing & Performance Review

I guess early Titan adopters are going to be even more pissed than I thought :lol:.

Well to tell you the truth bro, nah not pissed, think I want a 2nd TITAN for sli.

Can't wait for BF4 & COD: Ghosts.. :)

My build for this summer, EVGA X79 Dark, 16 gigs Corsair Platinum 1866mhz, EVGA SC TITAN,  2 Samsung 840 Pro raid 0, western digital 1tbhdd velociraptor, 1200 wt psu to be continued :)

The card is a great performer but does it represent good value (not in comparison to the Titan but compared to the 7970) personally i think not. What happened to high end GPUs costing a sensible amount of money.

|i5 3570k @4.4Ghz | Asus Maximus V Gene | 8gb Corsair XMS3 | 2 x MSI HD7970 OC @ 1175mhz | 512gb Crucial M4 | Corsair AX750 | Fractal Design Define Mini | Dell P2416D 

i LOLed  :D  :lol:  when i saw the performance difference between titan and 780 in metro last light 1080p as that was the first performance chart i had seen of these two and they were equal despite of the price difference

Sony Vaio Pro 13 CPU:Haswell Core i5 4200U RAM: 4 GB GPU: HD4400 Storage: SSD Pci-e 128GB (Its really fast), External 1TB Seagate Expansion Drive Weight: 1.06kg (made of carbon fiber) 

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (4.4.2 Omnirom) 

First off, Linus & Co: Very nice productions. Like a lot

I like what nvidia has done here, I also like that their new drivers has boosted the 680s performance. 

Does anyone know if there will be a 5gb version of this card?

3GB was reference design, I see no reason why guys like evga, asus and the likes can't ram more RAM in there, the architecture seems to be in place :P

Mhh, I'm kinda sad now that I bought my 670 windforce last December... Should have gone with the 660Ti and gotten this sweet temptation.

Does anyone know why Linus doesn't give any love to the 670? He always takes the 660TI

Mhh, I'm kinda sad now that I bought my 670 windforce last December... Should have gone with the 660Ti and gotten this sweet temptation.

Does anyone know why Linus doesn't give any love to the 670? He always takes the 660TI

I think the 660ti performs almost as good but costs less. Although it would be nice to see the 670 results.

|i5 3570k @4.4Ghz | Asus Maximus V Gene | 8gb Corsair XMS3 | 2 x MSI HD7970 OC @ 1175mhz | 512gb Crucial M4 | Corsair AX750 | Fractal Design Define Mini | Dell P2416D 

ill just wait for something i can actually afford and preferably from amd because my monitor has passive 3d which only works with amd gpu's plus they usually have a better price/performance ratio anyway

As sad as it is :( ,this card retails for about $900 in South Africa,what a ripoff. I'll probably just buy another Sapphire 7970 Vapor-X Ghz edition once AMD fix their F***ing frame time issues with crossfire.(Which fyi retails for $600 at the moment),sigh. :ph34r:

CPU:Intel Core i7-3770k@4.5Ghz |GPU: EVGA GTX 670 FTW B) Signature 2 |Motherboard: MSI Mpower Z77 Big Bang |RAM: 16GB G.skill Ripjaws X @ 1600 MHz |HDD: WD 2TB|Case: Corsair Obsidian 800DPSU: Corsair TX850|MouseLogitech G400 + Steelseries Qck Heavy |Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow |Monitor: X-Star DP2710 1440p :rolleyes: |Headies: CM Storm Sirus S 5.1 

So do you think they'll be launching and a 790 and would it be even close to worth it? Also debate, 790 More than or less than cost of Titan

How does the card in terms of noise compare to aftermarket ccolers such as the MSi Twin Frozr?

Does any one know if titan waterblock fit 780? 

I asked that myself, seeing as how they both have the same reference designed PCB.

3x Dell U2414H Triple Monitor Surround @ 5760x1080 / Corsair Obsidian 900D / ASUS ROG Z97 Maximus VII Hero / i7-4790K @ 4.4GHz / 2x EVGA SC GTX 780Ti SLI @ 1150MHz / 16GB GeiL DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz / 120GB Samsung 840 EVO / Corsair AX1200W PSU

Gallery: [1] [2] [3] - Fire Strike Score - Steam Profile

Aquatuning rep on another forum said that their titan waterblock fit 780 without issues.

I don't understand why you didn't touch on SSAA with Last Light that is THE only reason you got the frames you did in that game. And from I understand and I've heard others say SSAA isn't very good.

After watching linus's video and looking futher I found an review on a Windforce edition 780. Boosts better than 780, Beats the Titan.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Gigabyte/GeForce_GTX_780_OC/1.html

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

So tempting :(

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

Should be about 40-50% faster than my GTX 580 i guess... 

But i feel bad about the thought of replacing my 580 which i just (like 2 months ago) got a new cooler for :D

Maybe an 880 or if i get a cheap used card. 

I hate myself for always wanting better hardware :D

I really wish they would stop putting the power on the front and put the power connectors out the back. Would make for a lot easier cable management. That being said Maybe someone has a 90 degree power adapter !

I really wish they would stop putting the power on the front and put the power connectors out the back. Would make for a lot easier cable management. That being said Maybe someone has a 90 degree power adapter !

Yea I'm with you on that one or at least connections on the side but the front it just looks bad.

Maybe someone has a 90 degree power adapter !

INCOMING EVGA! :D

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

Dose anyone know why linus lets his 780 and titan run at 90o?

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

Dose anyone know why linus lets his 780 and titan run at 90o?

He likes to live dangerously.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

he was trying to overclock and see about what the card would do. I doubt he would let it run for 90 degrees for normal means, but it represents the potential of what the card could do if watercooled and wasn't limited by temp.

INCOMING EVGA! :D

Any link or news about this, are they moving theirs to the side or actually have an adapter?