Something Stumped me on PCPP

Go to solution Solved by rustikles,

It's just their rating system. More people have had time to rate older processors with high marks than newer ones being rated equally as well.

So I was scrolling through PC Part Picker and found something at the top of the list that stumped me for some reason.

post-44075-0-03550800-1406910471.jpg

Now, if I've got this right, the first numeric refers to the generation of the processor, making the two top ones 3rd gen (have i got that right?)

Why  are two last-gen processors most preferred? what would be giving them the advantage?

N00B :D

edit-lol why does the image go off the page

LOOK AT MY TUBE, MY TUBE IS AMAZING. DONT LICK IT IT DOESN'T TASTE LIKE ANYTHING. IT DOESN'T HAVE A MANE OR PENIS EITHER. SHUT UP.

They're all 4.5 stars. It's at the top because then it moves on to sorting by name I think.

i'm a potato

It's just their rating system. More people have had time to rate older processors with high marks than newer ones being rated equally as well.

CPU: i5 4670k • Cooler: Corsair H100i • Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPOWER • RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x 8GB • Storage: Samsung 840 250GB SSD, 2x WD Red 3TB • GPU: EVGA GTX 780 3GB • PSU: Corsair RM750W • Case: Corsair 750D • Mouse: Razer Naga 2012 (I actually use the thing for productivity/media buttons) • Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 w/ Browns - Green LED • Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 x 1440, ASUS PB238Q 23" 1920x1080 • Lighting: 2m NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Strip • pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHfZ

Also more people have bought the last gen than the current gen and been able to rate them.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Really? You're using the ratings? Well don't. They give you a general impression of the product but don't compare two products by their rating.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

Really? You're using the ratings? Well don't. They give you a general impression of the product but don't compare two products by their rating.

I know enough about the product to choose a processor. I wanted to see what other people were buying with their money and knoledge.

LOOK AT MY TUBE, MY TUBE IS AMAZING. DONT LICK IT IT DOESN'T TASTE LIKE ANYTHING. IT DOESN'T HAVE A MANE OR PENIS EITHER. SHUT UP.

Only real reaason to get them would be that they overclock better than Haswell ones. And are cheaper.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv