Wanting to overclock my 2500K, a little confused

First off, I have the following motherboard:

(GA-Z68A-D3H-B3)

Now, I haven't done anything yet, as I haven't bought a new HSF yet, but I was looking at some guides, and looking at my bios, and some things striked me as odd. 

I took the liberty of taking screenshots of my BIOS' settings, if that's of any benefit:

First off, many things mention changing my Vcore, and as best I can tell, my bios does not have that option, at least not spelled out that way. 

Second off, I tried near about anything to see if I could downgrade my bios, and that isn't happening :/

So, I guess, basically, I just want to know exactly how I'm going to go about this, or even if I can overclock at all and it be stable.

Well I believe I have the same board as you with the same cpu.  I was going to take a look at overclocking my cpu again as I finally got an aftermarket cooler on it.  I will chime in here with hopefully helpful information over the next week but honestly I don't know if I am up for looking at anything related to overclocking today.

... but .. after looking at the pics you provided it jogged my memory ...

Uh one thing I know is you don't touch the base clock.  Leave it at 100.  Up the cpu clock ratio and turn off various power saving features.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Not exactly sure what your question is. If you are looking for an overclock guide you can find plenty with a little research. Linus has a few too, search his youtube channel. I wouldn't recommend doing any overclocking until you replace your HSF.

CPU: AMD 5950X    MB: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero    RAM: HyperX Predator 64GB    GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti FE    SSD: Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB    
PSU: EVGA 1200w P2    COOLING: EK AIO Elite 360    CASE: Fractal Design Torrent 
   DISPLAY: LG CX48 4k OLED    AUDIO: HIFIMAN Arya SE

Not exactly sure what your question is. If you are looking for an overclock guide you can find plenty with a little research. Linus has a few too, search his youtube channel. I wouldn't recommend doing any overclocking until you replace your HSF.

The problem is, I guess, a certain option that is mentioned in various guides isn't in my BIOS, or is named something different, and I'm not sure what it is. (in this regard, it's setting the VCORE, I seem to have no option for not making it be auto)

The problem is, I guess, a certain option that is mentioned in various guides isn't in my BIOS, or is named something different, and I'm not sure what it is. (in this regard, it's setting the VCORE, I seem to have no option for not making it be auto)

Have you tried setting it to 0 or type "a" in the field? By default it should be on auto.

CPU: AMD 5950X    MB: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero    RAM: HyperX Predator 64GB    GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti FE    SSD: Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB    
PSU: EVGA 1200w P2    COOLING: EK AIO Elite 360    CASE: Fractal Design Torrent 
   DISPLAY: LG CX48 4k OLED    AUDIO: HIFIMAN Arya SE

Yes with Gigabyte certain things are named differently but there are guides out there to help you.  Also did you see what information I provided?  It is accurate.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Under Advanced Voltage Settings (Dynamic Vcore). Try using the + and - keys.

The way I have my 2500K overclocked is:

CPU Clock Ratio = 45

Turbo Boost = disabled

Static Vcore = 1.31V (this should not be AUTO when overclocking, the board will bump this up to ridiculous levels, mine was set to 1.4 something)

Speedstep + C-states = disabled

Have you tried setting it to 0 or type "a" in the field? By default it should be on auto.

The problem is, see, here, here's as best as I can tell, the only options I have related to voltage:

http://i.imgur.com/BLN6aRc.jpg

None of those directly mention the VCORE. 

There's no other option anywhere. On the front page of the bios, here, http://i.imgur.com/Z5D1Qag.jpg  you can see the Vcore listed, but that's just a display or whatever, and you can't alter it.

The problem is, see, here, here's as best as I can tell, the only options I have related to voltage:

http://i.imgur.com/BLN6aRc.jpg

None of those directly mention the VCORE. 

There's no other option anywhere. On the front page of the bios, here, http://i.imgur.com/Z5D1Qag.jpg  you can see the Vcore listed, but that's just a display or whatever, and you can't alter it.

Dynamic Vcore IS your Vcore. More specifically it's an offset of the base voltage of your particular CPU which is 1.18V. For example if you set your Dynamic Vcore to +0.1 then your effective vcore will be 1.28V.

Dynamic Vcore IS your Vcore. More specifically it's an offset of the base voltage of your particular CPU which is 1.18V. For example if you set your Dynamic Vcore to +0.1 then your effective vcore will be 1.28V.

THANK YOU. THANK YOU. THANK YOU. That is basically all I needed to know. I could kiss you!

THANK YOU. THANK YOU. THANK YOU. That is basically all I needed to know. I could kiss you!

You're welcome lol.