Low budget PC Build for a mate (gaming, video/audio editing)

Hey guys, havnt build a pc in a while so i need some help with my next build :P

So im helping my mate build a pc because his laptop finally pooped out. He needs a pc for gaming (mostly league of legends), video editing (adobe after effects), and music making (Abelton Live and FL Studio). The problem is his budget is $1250~ NZD which isnt a lot for that kind of computer :(

He already has a hard drive and mouse. This means he will need a cpu, mobo, gpu, ram, case, psu, monitor and keyboard. I know this is an incredibly low budget for a video editing machine but its all he has for now :/

Another question is, if he already has Windows installed on the hdd, will it work on the new pc?

Just needed help because i dont know if there are parts that work well with the applications mentioned. 

If possible use https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/

Thanks for the help guys, even if the build isnt possible with the budget any help is appreciated :)

FX 6300 | Sapphire 7770 | G-Skill Ares 8GB | WD Blue 1TB | ASUS M5A78L-M

Tritton Kunai | Logitech Proteus Core G502 | Razer Blackwidow Tournament 

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($239.95 @ Computer Lounge) 

Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($133.00 @ Paradigm PCs) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($136.84 @ PB Technologies) 

Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($225.00 @ PC Force) 

Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($95.00 @ Paradigm PCs) 

Monitor: Asus VE228H 21.5" Monitor  ($209.95 @ Computer Lounge) 

Total: $1201.74

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-02 01:20 NZST+1200

Your friend has a very tight budget for video/audio editing, if he is willing spend 100 more he can get a Xeon, else he need to stick with the i5

My current rig for entertainment/gaming: i5 4570 3,2GHz; MSI B85M-E45; ZOTAC GTX760 AMP!; 8GB (2x4GB) by Kingston; Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200rpm; Corsair 200R, Corsair VS650; Dell U2312HM, Samsung DVD R/W optical drive; CM Devastator; Corsair MM400 gaming pad

Hi, thanks for the reply. Im the mate and yeah i wouldnt mind spending extra for the xeon. Could you please direct me to where i could find said xeon?

Also, i'd like to know if I could take the ram from my laptop (it has 16gb installed) instead of that 8gb (2×4gb) ram? Or does that DDR3 1600 number mean its faster or something? Sorry i'm just not too great at computers, thats why i got my mate to help me.

Also, i'd like to know if I could take the ram from my laptop (it has 16gb installed) instead of that 8gb (2×4gb) ram? Or does that DDR3 1600 number mean its faster or something? Sorry i'm just not too great at computers, thats why i got my mate to help me.

No you can't, RAM for laptop is different from RAM for desktop, and here's the xeon (provided that you can spend 100$ NZD more)

http://nz.pcpartpicker.com/part/intel-cpu-bx80646e31231v3 (Intel Xeon 1231V3)

My current rig for entertainment/gaming: i5 4570 3,2GHz; MSI B85M-E45; ZOTAC GTX760 AMP!; 8GB (2x4GB) by Kingston; Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200rpm; Corsair 200R, Corsair VS650; Dell U2312HM, Samsung DVD R/W optical drive; CM Devastator; Corsair MM400 gaming pad