Questions about the full IB diploma

Pc Noob

I was just wondering if anyone on this forum has ever been part of or even finished the full IB program. My school offers it and I'm pretty sure that I want to take it. I just have a couple of questions

- Is it worth it?

-What was your experience like?

I haven't taken it but certain universities (a couple in Canada) really like IB certification. I know for a school like UBC, you're almost guaranteed an acceptance.

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

I haven't taken it but certain universities (a couple in Canada) really like IB certification. I know for a school like UBC, you're almost guaranteed an acceptance.

I'm in the states but going to canada would be fun :D

Is it worth it? Yes, it will get you exempt from a lot of classes later on

My experience? lots of sleepless nights

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

Is it worth it? Yes, it will get you exempt from a lot of classes later on

My experience? lots of sleepless nights

Thanks for the input :) 

Based on the experiences of my other friends, if you plan to go ivy league after high school, you might as well go for it to get your GPA and class rank up. Otherwise, taking as many AP classes as you can is just as good for most public colleges as long as you keep your grades up. 

In terms of your sophomore and freshmen years of high school, IB makes almost no difference, but the workload gets ridiculous in your junior and senior years. Also it's more expensive because you have to take your AP exams and IB exams. 

All of my friends who are going to a big public high school tell me that it really isn't worth it.

Based on the experiences of my other friends, if you plan to go ivy league after high school, you might as well go for it to get your GPA and class rank up. Otherwise, taking as many AP classes as you can is just as good for most public colleges as long as you keep your grades up. 

In terms of your sophomore and freshmen years of high school, IB makes almost no difference, but the workload gets ridiculous in your junior and senior years. Also it's more expensive because you have to take your AP exams and IB exams. 

All of my friends who are going to a big public high school tell me that it really isn't worth it.

Yeah, I've heard both, that its worth it and that its not. I've mostly been told its worth it. I'm gonna be a sophomore this year so I have one more year until I could do full IB. This year I'm able to do IB math so I'm excited (math is my favorite subject).