how to hook up Wii U to a exteneral dac via optical cable?

hashtagswagarino

Since the geniuses at nintendo didn't include a optical output, the only option for digital sound output is through hdmi to your receiver, however, I want to hook it up to my DAC that doesn't accept HDMI.

Is there any sort of HDMI pass-through adapter that separates the audio out to a coax/optical?

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

Just google "HDMI audio de-embedder" and you'll find some options

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

Thanks! that seems to be exactly what I need ( don't need the rcas though, would rather have coax or something, or in general something without a dac I wont use)

Any place to get something like that in Canada

Wow, ok that thing is like $150 dollar, I am trying to find a simpler one without the built in dac and jsut and optical out

Wow, ok that thing is like $150 dollar, I am trying to find a simpler one without the built in dac and jsut and optical out

would this be a better option?

Edit: keep in mind these devices may disable Netflix playback due to HDCP

Could be

also found  this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HDMI-Audio-Extractor-Digital-to-Analog-L-R-RCA-or-Optical-Converter-De-Embedder-/131045191006?pt=US_Audio_Cables_Adapters&hash=item1e82e6ed5e

still kinda expensive though

I was only wanting to pay like 20 bucks,  Im suprised there arn't anyones with out built in dacs because the rca/stereo out is useless for me

Could be

also found  this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HDMI-Audio-Extractor-Digital-to-Analog-L-R-RCA-or-Optical-Converter-De-Embedder-/131045191006?pt=US_Audio_Cables_Adapters&hash=item1e82e6ed5e

still kinda expensive though

I was only wanting to pay like 20 bucks,  Im suprised there arn't anyones with out built in dacs because the rca/stereo out is useless for me

Sorry man, you're likely not going to find anything that cheap that isn't a complete piece of garbage... Honestly I'd even be  weary about that one from eBay. Unfortunately I think you're just going to have to adjust your budget. These devices, while seemingly simple, are still complicated enough that even at $30, that's stupidly cheap.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)