Need help getting out of the jungle of fans

xdskiller

Hi everyone, I'm looking for some static pressure optimized fans for the nzxt h440. 

The problem is there are a bunch of fans out on the market and I just can't seem to find a general agreement on anything.

I've seen so so many differing experiences and it's just so confusing.

So what would you guys recommend?

Ok thanks to everyone who took the time to reply to this thread, I have decided on the scythe gentle typhoons and I just got confused again. Going through amazon and other online retailers there seem to be different rpm variants of the fans. So I would like to know if it is possible to run them higher than their rated speed without doing anything a bit over the top. I'm considering settling with the 1150 rpm version, but I'm sure if it's going to be enough? Can anybody give me some info on this please?

Edited by xdskiller

Noctua NF F12 fans. They're ugly but they're amazing.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 | Motherboard: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 8gb (2x4gb) Corsair LP @1600mhz | GPU: Asus TUF GTX 1660 OC 6GB | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 | Storage: 250gb Samsung 840 EVO and 1TB WD Black 7200rpm | PSU: Corsair CX750M | Display: Asus VG245H 1920x1080 | Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO and default case fans | Laptop: Early 2015 13" Macbook Pro Retina - i5 2.7Ghz - 256GB SSD

Is there a certain color you are looking for? Price range? Size? LEDS?

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

Noctua NF F12 fans. They're ugly but they're amazing.

They don't look that ugly to me...

2399342-b.jpg

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2399342-b.jpg

HbiQlm8.gif

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Hi everyone, I'm looking for some static pressure optimized fans for the nzxt h440. 

The problem is there are a bunch of fans out on the market and I just can't seem to find a general agreement on anything.

The standard Noctua NF-F12's, you can't see them in the front of the H440 anyway if you don't like the colors. Silverston AP121's or Noiseblock PL2's for cheaper (depends on where you live). 

http://pcpartpicker.com/b/r3K8TW

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Is there a certain color you are looking for? Price range? Size? LEDS?

Since they're going in the front I could care less, price range preferably sub $30 dollars a fan, that's just my limit, I can't justify spending any more than that on case fans

SP120 quiet edition

noctuas are trash

Could you elaborate on that a bit more please?

Could you elaborate on that a bit more please?

I shouldn't say they are trash, they are just loud compared to other fans ie: SP120 quiet editions

NF-F12 for front intake. AF140 for rear exhaust. Are you using a AIO? If not, NF-F12 on top exhaust.

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

NF-F12 for front intake. AF140 for rear exhaust. Are you using a AIO? If not, NF-F12 on top exhaust.

Is that what you do for your setup?

Is that what you do for your setup?

Yep. But im using two SP120 on top exhaust. :)

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

Yep. But im using two SP120 on top exhaust. :)

Yeah I don't plan on using any ugly fans where visible either, I'll take a few hits on performance for a few more style points =D

Yeah I don't plan on using any ugly fans where visible either, I'll take a few hits on performance for a few more style points =D

You can use Industrial Fans from noctua. They actually look good. I picked SP120 because of the colored rings. 

You can use Industrial Fans from noctua. They actually look good. I picked SP120 because of the colored rings. 

Going for a black and white theme'd build, the Industrial Noctuas look ok but I can't bring myself to pay 30 bucks a fan

Going for a black and white theme'd build, the Industrial Noctuas look ok but I can't bring myself to pay 30 bucks a fan

Oooh. Ok. You can use the SP120 fans then paint the rings. It will definitely look good. 

Oooh. Ok. You can use the SP120 fans then paint the rings. It will definitely look good. 

The SP120's come with white rings don't they?

The SP120's come with white rings don't they?

Ah yeah. Sorry. Haha. I forgot. Thought it was only blue and red :)

Scythe Gentle Typhoons if you can locate any.

Ok thanks to everyone who took the time to reply to this thread, I have decided on the scythe gentle typhoons and I just got confused again. Going through amazon and other online retailers there seem to be different rpm variants of the fans. So I would like to know if it is possible to run them higher than their rated speed without doing anything a bit over the top. I'm considering settling with the 1150 rpm version, but I'm sure if it's going to be enough? Can anybody give me some info on this please?