What are the first steps to do once you finish building a new PC?

Go to solution Solved by SkilledRebuilds,

Upon Booting Windows for the first time, I install Chipset, Lan, Snd, USB3 and video.

Restart

Then as always :)

Net Frameworks/DXsetup

Restart

Visit NINITE and get my commonly used programs (Firefox & whatnot)

Desktop icon Save&Rstore (Icon placement save/restore)

Coretemp/MSI Afterburner

Little things like Windows Movie Maker and LiveMail or the customers apps are installed when needed on clients builds after everything else is complete.

Testing performance... AIDA64 + Passmark + 3dMark + Games

I'm building my first PC with the next one or two weeks. I'm getting parts one by one to make sure with compatibility with components. 

But once, you're done setting up everything, what's the first thing you're supposed to do once you close your PC case?

All I know is that I should first head into the BIOS/UEFI, double check my HDD type(AHCI), install my operating system(Windows 8.1), and download and install all the proper drivers online for my components. 

What other important things should you do to test you're PC's performance and stability?

Try to run some benchmarks such as AIDA64. 

Edit: *stress tests.

Potatoes are good for your nostrils.

Install antivirus, microsoft word, steam, winwar, and adobe reader and flash. To test performance, i use 3dmark.

Upon Booting Windows for the first time, I install Chipset, Lan, Snd, USB3 and video.

Restart

Then as always :)

Net Frameworks/DXsetup

Restart

Visit NINITE and get my commonly used programs (Firefox & whatnot)

Desktop icon Save&Rstore (Icon placement save/restore)

Coretemp/MSI Afterburner

Little things like Windows Movie Maker and LiveMail or the customers apps are installed when needed on clients builds after everything else is complete.

Testing performance... AIDA64 + Passmark + 3dMark + Games

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Don't plug the mechanical HDD drive in until you are done installing windows. Just have the SSD plugged in. Also remember to have the first boot option as your DVD drive. You can disable any other boot options until windows is installed. Remember to change it back to boot from the SSD afterwards, and then plug the HDD in.

Apart from that just the usual things like installing the chipset drivers, Ethernet drivers, GPU drivers and any other drivers/Software you might need (Printer/Peripherals etc)

I'm building my first PC with the next one or two weeks. I'm getting parts one by one to make sure with compatibility with components. 

But once, you're done setting up everything, what's the first thing you're supposed to do once you close your PC case?

All I know is that I should first head into the BIOS/UEFI, double check my HDD type(AHCI), install my operating system(Windows 8.1), and download and install all the proper drivers online for my components. 

What other important things should you do to test you're PC's performance and stability?

I don't button up the case until the o/s and all drivers are installed and updated.

Install all the parts but only connect the system drive(s). Leave any other drives unconnected until the o/s is installed.

Boot into the BIOS. Set XMP on for memory tuning. Set SATA mode to ACHI or RAID as applicable. Enable on-board LAN controller, if present. Enable on-board audio, if applicable. Leave everything else to defaults. Save & exit. Boot to o/s installer. Install o/s, install LAN driver if necessary. On reboot go into BIOS and set 1st boot device to system drive. Download & install anti-virus. Download & install any LAN driver update. Start the process of downloading & updating o/s. Install other drivers and update.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

• 8 months later...

i install and update drivers and windows, then i sit and stare at it. the way fluid flows through the cpu block and tubes, i feel the soft tubes *blows load in pants* NERD PRON!

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600