The Easiest Way to Change Windows 7 Logon Wallpaper [Guide]

H4X3R

What is Windows 7 Log on Background Screen Wallpaper Changer?

Windows 7 Logon Background Changer is a free open source software that let you change the wallpaper of the Windows 7 logon screen (also known as “welcome screen”, “login screen” or LogonUI). It works with Windows 7 Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Ultimate, Enterprise and Starter, in x86 or x64 (32 or 64 bits). It also works on Windows Server 2008 R2.

Instructions for nubs:

1. Download Win7 logon background changer
  2. Open the Win7logonbackgroundchanger.exe
  3. Choose any of the wallpaper given in lower slide or click on choose a folder
  4. if you clicked on choose a folder then choose some pictures and select the one to change windows logon background
  5. Then Click Apply and you're done

Downloads & Links:

Official Website

If that doesn't work (eg is block in your country, here is a .rar file):

Clicky

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

A few days ago I used a similar program from tweaks.com (http://tweaks.com/software/tweakslogon/) and it was very easy to use as well, it even changed the file size to match the file size limit on the image. Not saying this one is any better or worse than that one, I've never used that one.

• 3 weeks later...

I just open the location folder and replace the picture

Sometimes you won't be able to do this. The logon background will always be the default background unless the OEM logon background setting is set to on in the registry.

This method (in the OP) is great and really simple for those not willing to mess with the registry themselves, but here is a guide for anyone wanting to know how to do this themselves:

http://www.howtogeek.com/112110/how-to-set-a-custom-logon-screen-background-on-windows-7/

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."