Anyway to get a dB boost in windows that is in between 10 & 20?

I have a zalman mic plugged into the 3.5mm Jack in the rear of my PC. I had to give it a +20dB Boost for people to hear me. Sometimes though they can hear background noise, and I want to reduce it to say something in between 10 and 20. 10 is too low and 20 is a bit too high, so maybe I could get it to say 16,17, or 18, or even decimal places. Is there a way I can get number in between those, like a registry hack or something?

My Gaming Bio thingy?  Anyhow I love co-op gaming so add me.   :) Skype/Origin/Uplay/Steam/Other -> "GuestForeverX"

I have a zalman mic plugged into the 3.5mm Jack in the rear of my PC. I had to give it a +20dB Boost for people to hear me. Sometimes though they can hear background noise, and I want to reduce it to say something in between 10 and 20. 10 is too low and 20 is a bit too high, so maybe I could get it to say 16,17, or 18, or even decimal places. Is there a way I can get number in between those, like a registry hack or something?

What software are you using to chat? usually these programs have separate volume control options.

I have the exact same mic and was wondering the same thing. I wonder if its possible.

i9-6930X @ 5.3GHz | ASUS Z1007-A | 64TB G.Skill Ripjaw XIV 2400GHz RAM | GTX 1080 Ti | Corsair 900R

Corsair CX2500 W | 15TB WD Green | Noctua NH-D24

What software are you using to chat? usually these programs have separate volume control options.

Some of them do some of them don't. Just wondering if there was a windows options so it would work on Everything.

My Gaming Bio thingy?  Anyhow I love co-op gaming so add me.   :) Skype/Origin/Uplay/Steam/Other -> "GuestForeverX"