Gaming headset 200$

RyanMazer

as the name suggests im looking for a gaming headset with a max budget of 200$ i had a siberia v2 heat orange till it broke and the store didnt have anymore. so now im looking for a new one wiith a bit higher budget. im looking for a over ear headset and one that lets a little sound as possible through. a decent mic preferably not solid but like the siberia v2, and if possible 7.1 surround sound. 

thank you to anyone willing to help me :3

I had a siberia v2 navi edt. once, too :) it didn't broke, but I seeked a better headset. And now I have the pc 350se since a year I think and it outperformed the v2 in sound, mic quality and after a couple weeks also in comfort. IMO you can not go wrong with it, simply good headset and since your budget is 200usd I think you will save 50usd cuz it is cheaper in north america than here in germany.

Edit: The v2 was halp-opened, the 350se is closed so almost no sound leaks through and it has a surroundish sound so you don't have to download this weird razer software for "virtual 7.1 sound" which is bs anyways.

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.

DT770 pro (80 ohm) and a Modmic 4

This or an ath-m50x w/ modmic 4

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

I have the Kingston Hyperx Cloud headset and it's great. It's cheap, durable and sounds great.  :)

This or an ath-m50x anything but an M50 w/ modmic 4

why?

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

why?

Because it is overpriced and overrated compared to the ample competition.

Because it is overpriced and overrated compared to the ample competition.

"No.", proof?

Here is a video comparing the dt 770s to the m50/x's:

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

"No.", proof?

Here is a video comparing the dt 770s to the m50/x's:

What did that prove exactly? In any case, DT 770 would be on the more expensive end of competition, there is also the Shure 440, Sony 7506/V6, Sennheiser HD 380 Pro, Sennheiser HD 5xx, AKG K612 Pro, etc. etc.

What did that prove exactly? In any case, DT 770 would be on the more expensive end of competition, there is also the Shure 440, Sony 7506/V6, Sennheiser HD 380 Pro, Sennheiser HD 5xx, AKG K612 Pro, etc. etc.

You're right, the DT 770 is a better choice. Sorry, it was my mistake as yesterday i watched mkbhd's top 5 headphones (not a very good list).

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

You're right, the DT 770 is a better choice. Sorry, it was my mistake as yesterday i watched mkbhd's top 5 headphones (not a very good list).

Good? The ATH studio phone to get right now is the M40x, cheaper and still collapsible with a removable cable. 770 is just one possibility from many.

i appriciaiate all the posts guys but.. id rather have a headset more orientated towards gaming then studio. still thanks very much for all the replies ^_^ 

after doing a couple hours more reasearch i found some that i meant like triton 720+ with the pc adapter. or a turtle beach z seven (ive hheard bad things about it but im not sure they look awsome and have some nice features) but i dont know what to take as i dont actually know whats better since a lot of reviews say diffrent things. :( 

i appriciaiate all the posts guys but.. id rather have a headset more orientated towards gaming then studio. still thanks very much for all the replies ^_^

What features specifically are you looking for in a 'gaming orientated headset' compared to a 'studio orientated headphone'?

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

Audio is audio, headphones don't care and the best you can do is get legitimately good headphone, which really only the HyperX Cloud will offer since isn't built by a company that knows what they are doing. 

What features specifically are you looking for in a 'gaming orientated headset' compared to a 'studio orientated headphone'?

true 7.1 surround sound. a decent mic, closed over the ear. and some volume and mic on/off control on either a on  the cable or on the heaset itself. tahst all i basicly want more feutures would ofc be nice though if its still within my price range

true 7.1 surround sound. a decent mic, closed over the ear. and some volume and mic on/off control on either a on  the cable or on the heaset itself. tahst all i basicly want more feutures would ofc be nice though if its still within my price range

You can't have "true" 7.1 "surround" in a headphone, regardless of what the marketing says. For those other things, well, you'll have to decide if convenience matters more than quality.

7.1 Surround: Is typically just software. Razer Surround is free.

Mic: Get a modmic maybe?

Closed: There are studio cans that are closed I'm sure.

Do you need closed that badly? I own the most open-sounding headphone out there, and by the time a person next to me can really hear what's going on on my end, the volume is already way too loud. BTW, the M40s are closed though IIRC. All you're missing is a mic and mic on/off control.

I personally never really got people who really dig the closed back headsets... For me, it's open-backed, standalone, sturdy mic FTW.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

I personally never really got people who really dig the closed back headsets... For me, it's open-backed, standalone, sturdy mic FTW.

Can be nice in summer when the neighbor's brats are killing one another outside the window.

Can be nice in summer when the neighbor's brats are killing one another outside the window.

Oh yeah, keeping the noise from coming in instead of the other way around. I guess living conditions vary but it's never an issue here.

*Lives in neighborhood were the youngest home owner is 50, lives in desert.

Open is nice in the heat, breathes nicer, though thats something that good pads can do, ie 1540 pads. 

I actually was about to post the same thing, glad I stumbled into this. I am a metalhead gamer, so I need to satisfy my inner rock n roll while also be good at the battlefield so to speak. So, all these years I have been using gaming headsets, while they are good, I hear that the grass is much greener on the other side, the professional grade audio non-gaming headsets. 

So I was wondering, can I use non-gaming headsets for gaming? What am I losing apart from microphone which I can buy it separately? Does audio phile headsets provide 7.1 virtual sound for gaming? Finally, can any please recommend me some good professional audio level headsets within 200$? I have been eyeing this: 
  Beyerdynamic DT-990-Pro-250 

What is the amp rating and how does it affect me? 

Finally, this is a random question I been asking around but here it is again, what exactly is the difference between Steelseries (big fan) Siberia series of headsets and their H series?

Thank you as I don't have much knowledge in audio headsets.

Peace!