Best Sub 200$ Upgrade

spwath

M50x's aren't that great and it doesn't need an amp/dac

M50's are amazing what are you high on

"Rawr XD"

They would of course be an upgrade, but not worth the money compared to the V-Moda's. Get yourself some studio monitors or something

So would the AKG k612 pro be better?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

M50's are amazing what are you high on

The problem is that there are so many cheaper, superior options. You want me to list some, I will.

I mean, i havent really experienced any thing else. No place near me has the ability to try out good headphones.

My only previouse experience with headphones are my old skullcandy hesh that i threw away because they sounded so bad and were so uncomfortable.

Then the only thing you can do is yolo strat with some headphones that appeal to you. AKG K612 Pro would probably be different enough to be worth it.

The problem is that there are so many cheaper, superior options. You want me to list some, I will.

Then the only thing you can do is yolo strat with some headphones that appeal to you. AKG K612 Pro would probably be different enough to be worth it.

Please list them... I'm in the market for sub $100 headphones...

OK. I might get them. How would they compare to something like dt990 pro or hd 598 or AKG Q 701?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Please list them... I'm in the market for sub $100 headphones...

ATH-M40x, Shure 440, Sony 7506 or V6 are in the $100 range. Sennheiser HD 380 Pro is a little more; Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro is a good option in the price range if you can find a deal on a used pair.

ATH-M40x, Shure 440, Sony 7506 or V6 are in the $100 range. Sennheiser HD 380 Pro is a little more; Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro is a good option in the price range if you can find a deal on a used pair.

Noted... I'll check them out in physical stores (can't shop online because of location) when I find the time...

OK. I might get them. How would they compare to something like dt990 pro or hd 598?

Less midbass and treble than the dt990, probably warmer than the 598.

Less midbass and treble than the dt990, probably warmer than the 598.

Now watching the video review, would i need an amp?

Also, how do they compare to akg Q 701?

Now watching the video review, would i need an amp?

Also, how do they compare to akg Q 701?

From what I hear, slightly warmer (i.e. less treble) and less detailed (not in a bad way).

From what I hear, slightly warmer (i.e. less treble) and less detailed (not in a bad way).

I think ill stick weith the k612, looking more, people said the q 701 headband was terrible (the bumps)

look what this guy did

61C96UhMh9L.jpg

So would the k612 be a good upgrade, or would it be worth it to spend more?

So would the k612 be a good upgrade, or would it be worth it to spend more?

I don't know; audio isn't like upgrading your rig, you are not guaranteed to get an "upgrade" with a more expensive product. Depends on your tastes, ears, etc. If I were you I'd just enjoy what I had.

I don't know; audio isn't like upgrading your rig, you are not guaranteed to get an "upgrade" with a more expensive product. Depends on your tastes, ears, etc. If I were you I'd just enjoy what I had.

Hmm ok. I guess ill look around for a place that i can actualy try out headphones. Im not sure where tho. There are not any places i know close by.

Hmm ok. I guess ill look around for a place that i can actualy try out headphones. Im not sure where tho. There are not any places i know close by.

Like I said before you might just have to buy something to find out if you like it; but the nebulous desire for an "upgrade" is not necessarily the best reason if you are completely happy with what you have.

Like I said before you might just have to buy something to find out if you like it; but the nebulous desire for an "upgrade" is not necessarily the best reason if you are completely happy with what you have.

More so in audio because you as you previously stated, not everything is an upgrade.