Naga Hex like mice

Norman_the_Owl

Hey guys, i've been considering a new mouse lately and i really like the style of the Razer Naga Hex... Except for the fact that it's razer. Are there any other similar mice out there?

I specifically like that it has a nice amount of buttons, but not too many. Additionally, the placing of them seems very convenient.

It's worth noting i have fairly big hands, and use a palm/fingertip hybrid grip. I currently use a Func MS-3, and quite enjoy the ergonomic grip. It's not a must have, though.

No particular budget, just looking into future possibilities. 

Optical sensor preferred, but not necessary.

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Hey guys, i've been considering a new mouse lately and i really like the style of the Razer Naga Hex... Except for the fact that it's razer. Are there any other similar mice out there?

Logitech G600

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Logitech G600

It's got 20 buttons in a grid, which i don't want. I want something comparable to the 6 buttons on the naga hex

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

The Corsair M95 is reasonably close. It has a crapton of side keys but they aren't in a keypad config like the Naga or the G600. They have more of a swoosh to the layout.

I've never tested or used one, though.

Git Gud.

It's got 20 buttons in a grid, which i don't want. I want something comparable to the 6 buttons on the naga hex

Vengeance M90?/M95?

Thermaltake Volos?

None are like the hex, that is its unique selling points, its not the worst mouse in the world

Steelseries did an MMO mouse for WOW, cant remember the name

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

The Corsair M95 is reasonably close. It has a crapton of side keys but they aren't in a keypad config like the Naga or the G600. They have more of a swoosh to the layout.

I've never tested or used one, though.

I was thinking of the M95 too, but it seems quite...small. I'd have to handle it to know, i guess.

I was thinking of the M95 too, but it seems quite...small. I'd have to handle it to know, i guess.

Yeah I can't really comment on size since I've never used one, plus I have small hands. We use the same grip style though, so there's that. Seems like a good shape for fingertip.

Git Gud.

the Logitech G502 KINDA has a similar layout, and i have colossal hands and it fits me in palm or claw grips

The G502 only has 2 side buttons and a sniper button...My current mouse has more than that.

Do you people just blindly recommend this mouse?

The G502 only has 2 side buttons and a sniper button...My current mouse has more than that.

well for how many buttons the hex has, you can include the 2 index finger buttons and that = 5 = 1 less than the hex, so idk thats why i said KINDA

After using one I can see that the hype is justified. Also that "Sniper Button" should work just like a G-key in the software.

It's a freakin great mouse, also the index finger buttons which are fantastic.

Not sure why it was recommended here though. I would never recommend a G502 to replace the function of a side button panel.

It's a good replacement for an ancient mouse like a G400 or a G9x, but not for a Hex.

Git Gud.

There's nothing wrong with razer. Cut the antifanboying out.

The Naga HEX is excellent, I use mine specifically for FPS games or games I feel like it's a better fit for.

It has excellent ergonoimcs, and the button set up is fantastic.

The only problems I see with the hex for you is that 1 you have larger hands, and the hex while not small, is good for small to medium size hands, some people with larger hands are just fine with it, but it is a smaller body mouse with a larger "ass" to it.

and 2 you're biased against razer which means you're going to internally hate the mouse and try to find a reason to be upset or irritated with the mouse if you can. If that's all you're going to do then don't bother.

You're going to be hard pressed to find anything as well designed as razer's set up of mice, because razer actually cares to research what they're putting out to make it of viable use to a gamer.

There's nothing wrong with razer. Cut the antifanboying out.

The Naga HEX is excellent, I use mine specifically for FPS games or games I feel like it's a better fit for.

It has excellent ergonoimcs, and the button set up is fantastic.

The only problems I see with the hex for you is that 1 you have larger hands, and the hex while not small, is good for small to medium size hands, some people with larger hands are just fine with it, but it is a smaller body mouse with a larger "ass" to it.

and 2 you're biased against razer which means you're going to internally hate the mouse and try to find a reason to be upset or irritated with the mouse if you can. If that's all you're going to do then don't bother.

I'm not anti-fanboying, i just don't like razer. The products they make really aren't that good, and tend to be overpriced IMO.

Besides, the top of the Hex is glossy plastic, so i would never use it anyhow. Using glossy mice drives me up the wall.

I'm not anti-fanboying, i just don't like razer. The products they make really aren't that good, and tend to be overpriced IMO.

Besides, the top of the Hex is glossy plastic, so i would never use it anyhow. Using glossy mice drives me up the wall.

If their stuff was cheaper and didn't scream PLASTIC TOY I would be buying all of it. ALL OF IT.

Git Gud.

Maybe the G602?

The way the buttons are two tiered on top of each other killed it for me

I'm really picky about my mice, #firstworldproblems

" i really like the style of the Razer Naga Hex... Except for the fact that it's razer."

This IS anti-fanboying.

"X is great! except its made by Y"

It's a statement that promotes dislike because of an invalid and preconceived notion.

"The products they make really aren't that good, and tend to be overpriced IMO."

Also an anti-fanboying comment.

Congratulations you're contributing to the fanboying culture that lets all this ridiculous shit happen.

" i really like the style of the Razer Naga Hex... Except for the fact that it's razer."

This IS anti-fanboying.

"X is great! except its made by Y"

It's a statement that promotes dislike because of an invalid and preconceived notion.

"The products they make really aren't that good, and tend to be overpriced IMO."

Also an anti-fanboying comment.

Congratulations you're contributing to the fanboying culture that lets all this ridiculous shit happen.

I didn't say the razer naga Hex was great, i said the way it has it's buttons laid out is great. Otherwise it's pretty mediocre.

-snip-

I don't think you really understand what fanboying is.

Fanboying is saying that literally everything Razer, for example, is perfect, and that anyone who uses something else is an idiot.

Therefore, anti fanboying would be saying that everything Razer makes is literally the worst thing you could buy, and that anyone who uses something made by Razer is an idiot. That's not what i'm saying. I'm saying i don't like razer products.

Fanboying is saying that literally everything Razer, for example, is perfect, and that anyone who uses something else is an idiot.

Therefore, anti fanboying would be saying that everything Razer makes is literally the worst thing you could buy, and that anyone who uses something made by Razer is an idiot. That's not what i'm saying. I'm saying i don't like razer products.

2808658.jpg

I had a computer.. and then I let FedEx ship it.

Don't like being called out? Then don't throw shit around.

You "but im not antifanboying"

Seriously.

2808658.jpg

I'm pretty sure you're using that wrong

Don't like being called out? Then don't throw shit around.

You "but im not antifanboying"

Seriously.

I'm not throwing shit around! All i said was that i don't like razer.

He did use that wrong.

it should say "not sure if trolling

Or just stupid" or something like that.

This is throwing shit around

Don't you get it? You slung a shot at razer, you like the mouse they made but instantly decided to throw a bashing comment.

"X is really cool, except that it's made by Y"

You didnt say that you don't like razer, you were throwing out a comment of malconent because something is made by razer.

You could have said "I'm not a fan of razer though" or "Id prefer to not use a razer product."

Instead you decided to use spiteful words.

No haha. You want the mouse like the razer hex? Then buy the razer hex. 

I think you may be harder pressed to find a similar mouse than you think.

http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Vengeance-Performance-Gunmetal-CH-9000025-NA/dp/B00B5QLS4A/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1406824173&sr=8-12&keywords=razer+hex

Corsair-Vengeance-M95-Performance-MMORTS

Is the closest I could find.

Edit:

What? How did I use it wrong? Take it or leave it. You won't find a non-razer carbon copy.

I had a computer.. and then I let FedEx ship it.