the best water cooling for socket 1150

hi im after a list of the best water cooling units for my devil s canyon cpu

You're looking at Kraken X61, swiftech H220x or Corsair H110

Or if you have the time, money and experience/knowledge a custom loop.

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Best water cooling hands down is this.
post-54950-0-54563800-1406809063.jpg

But for far more affordable options the above post has a few good options.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

is there anything more fancy on the market, e.g glows up etc, better visuals? thanks

is there anything more fancy on the market, e.g glows up etc, better visuals? thanks

Custom loop if you want visuals. You want clear tubing and colored liquid in the loop with matching LED fans. The best you can do on AIO's with visual is custom fans with LED's.

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Custom loop if you want visuals. You want clear tubing and colored liquid in the loop with matching LED fans. The best you can do on AIO's with visual is custom fans with LED's.

That and the Kraken X61 has LED's on the block, so a bit more "bling", but it's not that bright, looks good though. The H220-X also has colored tops.

i'm a potato

That and the Kraken X61 has LED's on the block, so a bit more "bling", but it's not that bright, looks good though.

The only real spectacular liquid cooling I've seen have all been custom :P. True though Kraken X61 if you want visuals AND performance without having to do a custom loop yourself.

Well the Zalman Reserator 3 Max & Zalman Reserator 3 Max would be a bit more eye catching maybe. Can't say much about the performance though, but defenetly worse than the Kraken X61, Corsair H110 etc.

EDIT: And many people say the Zalman Reserator 3s can be loud as hell. It would be good to know which case you are using. Would a 280mm radiator fit?

Edited by Held657

ASUS ROG Strix X570-E + AMD Ryzen 3800X; EVGA GTX 1070Ti FTW Supersilent; 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600; bequiet! Dark Power Pro 10 750W; Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD + 2x 1TB 860 EVO; PHANTEKS Evolve X + Custom Liquid Cooling

I suggest either a swiftech h220x if you are looking for a 240mm radiator or a h320 for a 360mm radiator. The h320 is hands down the fastest AIO on the market and it is considered an open loop so if you wanted for visuals you could put some new tubing on it and add a resevoir to your loop so you can see all your colored fluid.

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

Any reason you don't want air cooling?

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Any reason you don't want air cooling?

the good air cooling blocks are massive, and look awful i think

I suggest either a swiftech h220x if you are looking for a 240mm radiator or a h320 for a 360mm radiator. The h320 is hands down the fastest AIO on the market and it is considered an open loop so if you wanted for visuals you could put some new tubing on it and add a resevoir to your loop so you can see all your colored fluid.

ive got 2x 120mm top fan spaces and 2 front 120mm spaces. im using the wolverine bcwf18 case

ive got 2x 120mm top fan spaces and 2 front 120mm spaces. im using the wolverine bcwf18 case

So you are limited to 240mm rads. I would recommend a Corsair H100i or Swiftech H220x. The Swiftech would also offer great looks with it's reservoir, especially if you put some LEDs into it.

EDIT: Very interesting case. So putting the rad in the top is the obvious choice, but since the mainboard is upside down in your case you have to watch out that the tubing is long enough. If I remember this right the H220x has pretty short tubing included, so that could be a problem. Also, is there really enough space up ther for a slim radiator + fans? Are you using an ATX or micro ATX mainboard?

Edited by Held657

ASUS ROG Strix X570-E + AMD Ryzen 3800X; EVGA GTX 1070Ti FTW Supersilent; 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600; bequiet! Dark Power Pro 10 750W; Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD + 2x 1TB 860 EVO; PHANTEKS Evolve X + Custom Liquid Cooling

Best water cooling hands down is this.

attachicon.gifltt.jpg

But for far more affordable options the above post has a few good options.

I disagree, the unfiltered water in that body of water would gunk up the waterblock in no time. :P

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

So you are limited to 240mm rads. I would recommend a Corsair H100i or Swiftech H220x. The Swiftech would also offer great looks with it's reservoir, especially if you put some LEDs into it.

EDIT: Very interesting case. So putting the rad in the top is the obvious choice, but since the mainboard is upside down in your case you have to watch out that the tubing is long enough. If I remember this right the H220x has pretty short tubing included, so that could be a problem. Also, is there really enough space up ther for a slim radiator + fans? Are you using an ATX or micro ATX mainboard?

yeah im using a atx gigabyte gaming 7 board :)

yeah im using a atx gigabyte gaming 7 board :)

Great board, but it could become a problem now  :D . Measure the space between the top and the mainboard pls. I can only guess of photos, but I'm not sure if a radiator + fans will fit.  You will need at least 52mm of clearence.

I disagree, the unfiltered water in that body of water would gunk up the waterblock in no time. :P

the loop is closed. the body of water is for heat dissipation.

but would be awkard if somebody did use the water for the loop and forgot a filter...ahha lol.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

Great board, but it could become a problem now  :D . Measure the space between the top and the mainboard pls. I can only guess of photos, but I'm not sure if a radiator + fans will fit.  You will need at least 52mm of clearence.

i think it will just about fit, but i may mod the case and install it externally 

the loop is closed. the body of water is for heat dissipation.

but would be awkard if somebody did use the water for the loop and forgot a filter...ahha lol.

Ah you're right, had a better look at the picture :P. I'd use it as a big ass res, probably won't even need rads then haha.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie.