Gaming system dilemma

SHiFT

Hello there!

I just joined this forum, and I would like to get your help!

I have 2 set-ups I am planning to get. Roughly same price. 

#1 is a PC with a INTEL Core i7-3770 @ 4,2GHz, Quad-Core and a Gigabyte GTX 780 Windforce 3X OC

#2 is a PC AMD FX-Series FX-6300, @ 4,4GHz, Six-Core and 2 x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 OC, Superclocked ACX Cooler (EVGA Card)

Please say WHICH would be more ideal for GAMING mainly, but personally the second build has a huge performace.

EDIT:

#3 is a PC with INTEL Core i7-4700K @ 4.2 GHz, Quad-Core and a Gigabyte GTX 780 GHz Edition 

These are all the SAME price range.

I'm streaming every day, many AAA games, to entertain people and to get a hang of games that others are unable to play or want to see before they buy. 

Check my profile for my ultimate rig! http://linustechtips.com/main/user/109708-shift/

Get a 4670k or 4690k with a 780ti :)

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

#1, i7 over amd fx and single powerful over dual less powerful gpu solution

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

Well, I was in a dilemma, however I would necesseraly call the EVGA SC GTX 770 a less powerful card, it still produces huge performace and it would be in SLI, benchmarked it does a hell of a lot more FPS than the single card, thats why I wonder?

I'm streaming every day, many AAA games, to entertain people and to get a hang of games that others are unable to play or want to see before they buy. 

Check my profile for my ultimate rig! http://linustechtips.com/main/user/109708-shift/

Dillema problem:  AMD is good, Intel is normal good   and nvidia is evil.

Dillema solution: prioritise:  AMD>Intel>Nvidia

#1 is better

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

Dillema problem:  AMD is good, Intel is normal good   and nvidia is evil.

#1 is better

I never heard that AMD over Intel, hence you got reasoning why not take the SLI config for bigger performance than the single-card gaming?

I never heard that AMD over Intel, hence you got reasoning why not take the SLI config for bigger performance than the single-card gaming?

I didnt see it was SLI, some people here will be able to answer you better, I haven't kept as up-to-date and never touched dual GPUs

I can give you a very good answer but someone else can do much better.

and my dillema

Dillema problem:  AMD is outstanding good, Intel is normal good   and nvidia is evil.

It was not about performance but about how benevolent or evil they are.

In case your someone that cares outside yourself and beyond the immediate moment your touchy feelings are shaked

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

The intel CPU is vastly superior for gaming and a GTX 780 3GB is plenty to run any games maxed out, and a single card solution is always better (less heat, less noise, less power consumption)

The GTX 770 SLI is indeed a little more powerfull in terms of gaming power but those card must be 2gb cards wich is quite low nowadays and also the FX CPU even though it's a ''6 core'' in reality it's not a full 6 core it's in fact more what is considered a 3 full cores and they are somewhat slow so it really falls behind mostly in terms of gaming and it will bottleneck 2x GTX 770 SLI in many games that's for sure...personaly i would pick the first system hands down!

Also it's always easier to just upgrade the GPU down the road in a couple years if you ever require more performance than the CPU, to upgrade the FX CPU you are looking at a new motherboard and new CPU wich will end-up being expensive where as with the i7 your CPU is good for many years and will allow you to upgrade only the graphics card a couple more time down the road that's for sure..

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

I found another solution, I think Option 3 would perhaps be the best brutal setup. What do you think?

I found another solution, I think Option 3 would perhaps be the best brutal setup. What do you think?

Yes option 3 is even better...this is a killer gaming PC.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Yes option 3 is even better...this is a killer gaming PC.

Thats what I thought too, it would be with 8GB RAM a nice MSI mobo, and probably with a 750W PSU what I was thinking. Also, LED ISP AOC monitor with a gaming keyboard and mouse, for the same price as the other two. 

Thats what I thought too, it would be with 8GB RAM a nice MSI mobo, and probably with a 750W PSU what I was thinking. Also, LED ISP AOC monitor with a gaming keyboard and mouse, for the same price as the other for

go for option 3 and get the i7 4790k :)

CPU:I7-4790K @ 4.8ghz MOTHERBOARD:MSI-Z97-G45 Ram:G-SKILL SNIPER 8GB 1866 GPU:Msi GTX 970 4G COOLER:PHANTEK PH TC14PE BK 3 FAN CONFIG PSU:Roswell Lightning 1300W HDD: 1TB WD, 2TB SEGATE Mushkin 120GB SSD CASE:COOLER MASTER HAF 922

Thats what I thought too, it would be with 8GB RAM a nice MSI mobo, and probably with a 750W PSU what I was thinking. Also, LED ISP AOC monitor with a gaming keyboard and mouse, for the same price as the other two. 

sounds good, if you have room in the budget for a 120GB SSD that you could use to install your operating system and programs on it that would be nice to have as well...but you could consider this for a future upgrade as well.

750w PSU is not required for a setup with only 1 GTX 780, 600W would be enough but if you plan to maybe go SLI 780 down the road then yes get a good quality 750W unit.

Well the 750W powersupply is excellent for inneficient 1-150W usage. which is almost all the time.

and my build only consumes 280W watts under full load.

sounds good, if you have room in the budget for a 120GB SSD that you could use to install your operating system and programs on it that would be nice to have as well...but you could consider this for a future upgrade as well.

750w PSU is not required for a setup with only 1 GTX 780, 600W would be enough but if you plan to maybe go SLI 780 down the road then yes get a good quality 750W unit.

OK, so, the full specs are the following.

i7 4770K @ 4.2 GHz

Gigabyte GTX 780 GHz Edition 

MSI Z87M-G43 - motherboard 

Corsair Hydro Series H80 High Performance CPU Cooler - Liquid Cooled CPU

128GB Solid Sate Drive

Keyboard + Mouse 

AOC IPS 23" Monitor

8 GB RAM @ 1600 MHz

Windows 8.1

Optical Drive, etc etc

All this for ~£1400

i7 4770K @ 4.2 GHz

128GB Solid Sate Drive

Keyboard + Mouse 

AOC IPS 23" Monitor

8 GB RAM @ 1600 MHz

Windows 8.1

Optical Drive, etc etc

All this for ~£1400

Looks good, do you have a standard 7200rpm hard drive for mass storage and games install?

Also be advised this motherboard won't support SLI, the 2nd PCIe slot is running only at 4x Speed and a minimum of 8x is required for SLI.

Other than that it's a terrific gaming system.

Looks good, do you have a standard 7200rpm hard drive for mass storage and games install?

Also be advised this motherboard won't support SLI, the 2nd PCIe slot is running only at 4x Speed and a minimum of 8x is required for SLI.

Other than that it's a terrific gaming system.

Yeah, 1 TB @ 7200RPM which is more than enough. I had a 500GB HDD in my old normal PC that was only full like 2 times in these 4 years.

Also, thats good to know, but I am not into SLI that much anyway, I just wanted to see whats it like, but SLI isnt that big of a deal just yet as far as I see.

Price / performance wise its decent too, so it should be great.

EDIT: Your system is nearly the same as my configured one too? :P

i7 4770K @ 4.2 GHz

128GB Solid Sate Drive

Keyboard + Mouse 

AOC IPS 23" Monitor

8 GB RAM @ 1600 MHz

Windows 8.1

Optical Drive, etc etc

All this for ~£1400

Looks goiod but take the 4770 and turn it to the 4790 for 10 bucks more

CPU:I7-4790K @ 4.8ghz MOTHERBOARD:MSI-Z97-G45 Ram:G-SKILL SNIPER 8GB 1866 GPU:Msi GTX 970 4G COOLER:PHANTEK PH TC14PE BK 3 FAN CONFIG PSU:Roswell Lightning 1300W HDD: 1TB WD, 2TB SEGATE Mushkin 120GB SSD CASE:COOLER MASTER HAF 922

Hello there!

#1 is a PC with a INTEL Core i7-3770 @ 4,2GHz, Quad-Core and a Gigabyte GTX 780 Windforce 3X OC

#2 is a PC AMD FX-Series FX-6300, @ 4,4GHz, Six-Core and 2 x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 OC, Superclocked ACX Cooler (EVGA Card)

Please say WHICH would be more ideal for GAMING mainly, but personally the second build has a huge performace.

EDIT:

#3 is a PC with INTEL Core i7-4700K @ 4.2 GHz, Quad-Core and a Gigabyte GTX 780 GHz Edition 

Number 3 for sure, that's the best you can get.

Mah Build:  CPU: Intel i7-7700K COOLING: NZXT Kraken X52 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 MOBO: Asus Strix Z270F RAM: 16GB GSKILL TridentZ RGB 3000 

CASE: In Win 303 STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate 1TB  SSHD PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

Looks goiod but take the 4770 and turn it to the 4790 for 10 bucks more

Tried, but I cant. Also I am a Gamer, so the 4770 is too much for me by itself, I would do with an i5, but its the same price nearly and this  will last me for a while without upgrading. Im happy with the 4770K for gaming.

Tried, but I cant. Also I am a Gamer, so the 4770 is too much for me by itself, I would do with an i5, but its the same price nearly and this  will last me for a while without upgrading. Im happy with the 4770K for gaming.

lol ok just thought id throw it in there most of the time there the same price .

Yeah, 1 TB @ 7200RPM which is more than enough. I had a 500GB HDD in my old normal PC that was only full like 2 times in these 4 years.

Also, thats good to know, but I am not into SLI that much anyway, I just wanted to see whats it like, but SLI isnt that big of a deal just yet as far as I see.

Price / performance wise its decent too, so it should be great.

EDIT: Your system is nearly the same as my configured one too? :P

yes i know and i really love it, that thing is a beast it run's games sooooo freakin well at 1080p it's the best gaming experience available IMHO, a good investment.

Also i feel the same about SLI it's always better to just sell the GPU when it's not cutting it anymore and get the money toward a new more up to dat GPU...SLI is always full of issues and it's noisy and hot and all that bad stuff...driver issues...games that won't support it at release so you end up playing it on medium on a single card for a while and stuff like that...also you need a beefier powersupply and well vented case...better to upgrade every two generations of cards or something like that...my next upgrade will probably a ''GTX 970 or 980'' or whatever it will be called or radeon R9 480X or something like that :)

yes i know and i really love it, that thing is a beast it run's games sooooo freakin well at 1080p it's the best gaming experience available IMHO, a good investment.

Also i feel the same about SLI it's always better to just sell the GPU when it's not cutting it anymore and get the money toward a new more up to dat GPU...SLI is always full of issues and it's noisy and hot and all that bad stuff...driver issues...games that won't support it at release so you end up playing it on medium on a single card for a while and stuff like that...also you need a beefier powersupply and well vented case...better to upgrade every two generations of cards or something like that...my next upgrade will probably a ''GTX 970 or 980'' or whatever it will be called or radeon R9 480X or something like that :)

Yea, I have a 4 year old, pre-built HP Home PC, and I was still able to do High BO2 settings with 40-50 FPS :'D. Guess this was a good investment back then, but its time to upgrade.

Hello there!

EDIT:

What is your budget and location ?

Are you looking for a pre-built or can you build yourself ?