ek ddc flow enough?

Go to solution Solved by Shaqo_Wyn,

Hey guys,

In the ek kit I got an ek Dcp 2.2

Wondering if an ek ddc pump is enough for the following...

2 r290x gpu covers

Cpu block

360 rad

240 rad

The specs say it's rated at 400 lph, which to me sounds fantastic, but might not be?

The res is quite small Which caused me some concern so it left me with three options that I can see

1- get a standalone res like the photon 270 and have it drain into the return on the teeny ek res

2- Order the bigger res chamber from ek or frozen cpu

3- buy a new res and pump with the photon and d5 combo... If I really have too

Don't worry about how big the res is, it's there only for looks and easier filling of your loop. 400LPH isn't a lot considering D5's and DDC can push from 1000 to 1500 LPH.

You should be aiming for 1GPM at max pressure. Your components have about 4.6 PSI, the DCP 2.2 can only deliver 2.08 PSI. So that won't cut it.

You'll need this: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/21019/ex-pmp-248/EK_DDC_X-RES_Top_140_w_32_PWM_Pump_EK-DDC_32_PWM_X-RES_140.html

The pump is 1000 LPH and give 5.2 PSI (> 4.6 PSI).

Getting the Phonton you're talking about would be $10 more, http://www.frozencpu.com/products/21480/ex-pmp-263/XSPC_Photon_170_Tube_Glass_Cylinder_Reservoir_Pump_Combo_D5_Vario.html

Hey guys,

2 r290x gpu covers
Cpu block
360 rad
240 rad

The specs say it's rated at 400 lph, which to me sounds fantastic, but might not be?

The res is quite small Which caused me some concern so it left me with three options that I can see

1- get a standalone res like the photon 270 and have it drain into the return on the teeny ek res

ha ha i too noticed this after posting from the phone, its autocorrected to ddc instead of dcp, i changed it in the thread but couldnt change the title.

top one is the exact one.

ha ha i too noticed this after posting from the phone, its autocorrected to ddc instead of dcp, i changed it in the thread but couldnt change the title.

top one is the exact one.

Yep, i saw the edit after i posted :)

Don't worry about the res capacity, it has little bearing on the cooling efficiency, but you can get taller ones easily if you want to for the looks.

I haven't had anything to do with DCP pumps, I used a DDC in my build, but i have heard they're little troopers but might be noisy under a lot of load (a lot of blocks and rads)

Yep, i saw the edit after i posted :)

Don't worry about the res capacity, it has little bearing on the cooling efficiency, but you can get taller ones easily if you want to for the looks.

I haven't had anything to do with DCP pumps, I used a DDC in my build, but i have heard they're little troopers but might be noisy under a lot of load (a lot of blocks and rads)

cheers mate, ill do some more research...

Hey guys,

2 r290x gpu covers

Cpu block

360 rad

240 rad

Don't worry about how big the res is, it's there only for looks and easier filling of your loop. 400LPH isn't a lot considering D5's and DDC can push from 1000 to 1500 LPH.

You should be aiming for 1GPM at max pressure. Your components have about 4.6 PSI, the DCP 2.2 can only deliver 2.08 PSI. So that won't cut it.

You'll need this: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/21019/ex-pmp-248/EK_DDC_X-RES_Top_140_w_32_PWM_Pump_EK-DDC_32_PWM_X-RES_140.html

The pump is 1000 LPH and give 5.2 PSI (> 4.6 PSI).

Getting the Phonton you're talking about would be $10 more, http://www.frozencpu.com/products/21480/ex-pmp-263/XSPC_Photon_170_Tube_Glass_Cylinder_Reservoir_Pump_Combo_D5_Vario.html

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie.