Cooler Master Storm Quickfire XT [Cherry MX Brown]

Packaging and accessories.

Video unboxing, overview - bad english incoming.

Build Quality.

This keyboard seems to be built with raging in mind when you get killed. It's heavy too, probably due to the steel plate in this keyboard, you could probably do some serious damage if you were to whack a burglar in your house with it. Thankfully the keyboard material is not glossy, it's my personal favorite - soft touch.

Layout.

The layout is very standard - long shifts, long enters, F1 above 2.

Size.

This keyboard is probably as small as it gets for full keyboards with the proper layout. It doesn't take up a lot of desk space.

Looks

It is VERY minimalistic, especially if you were to change all the keycaps to blacked out ones. There are no logos visible looking while typing. There is a CM Storm logo on the back, nothing glowing in the face of you (i'm looking at you RAZER offering non-backlit keyboards with a glowing logo). This keyboard has no backlight (i always use frontlight :D, my eyes get tired when playing in dark)

http://i.imgur.com/b5ptTnb.jpg

Features

There is a function key with which you can use the media key combos - Play/Pause, Stop, Back, Forward, Windows key lock, Volume mute, Volume up, Volume down. And repeat rate adjustments (PS2 ONLY) - 1x, 2x, 4x, 8x, in my opinion this is useless when gaming.

Removable cable (braided too)

Switching from membrane to mechanical.

I have extensively used cheap membranes and a Logitech G19 which is probably as highend as it gets for membranes. First of all the G19 isn't mine so don't attack me for buying such an expensive membrane. I had typed on a mechanical keyboard before, but it was a cherry mx blue keyboard. I couldn't afford to buy a blue switched keyboard - too loud as i like to game late at night. So cherry mx browns - first time I typed on them I was glad that I didn't buy blues. Personally I like browns better, but don't believe that bullshit that browns are silent blues. The tactile feedback is different, the keys are lighter to actuate, and the keyboard is NOT silent - quieter they are but compared to the G19 or my cheap one they are louder (not very loud though). From using the G19 I'd like to have at least a single macro row, but i understand the design of this keyboard so i don't really care (maybe a future DIY project tho), I'm not interested in the backlight since I don't play in dark and don't look at my keyboard anyways for me backlight is just a bling-bling to show off to your friends. What i would love to have seen is dedicated media keys, which would too be against the minimalist design, but really i don't really use those key combos since I have to use 2 hands for that. My typing speed has increased, I've managed to do a bit of touch-typing (I don't find it easy really, a bit of memorising needs to be done too since the bumps are not really that feelable - my brother tought it was a linear switch at first), though I find myself hitting a lot of wrong keys on this keyboard which is probably because my cheap membrane didn't have a standard layout and I think the keycaps were wider. My gaming experience has changed - feeling more feedback from the keyboard is awesome but it doesn't make you a better gamer.

Final toughts

If you are a person who likes light keys, you should only look at browns or reds, personally Blues were already borderline weight (I could get used to them). As far as the keyboard goes - If you wan't a minimalistic keyboard with some features, great build quality and price this one is definitely worth a look good look.

Nice review :) your English is pretty good too, don't worry about it!

Nice review :) your English is pretty good too, don't worry about it!

I was worried about pronounciation :D

Good review, very informative.

Thanks I guess it was an hour well spent

I was worried about pronounciation :D

No, it's fine!