Did I won the sillicon lottery?

Doughnutnator

Hi! I just build my new system, i5 4570 and an Asus GTX 760 (going to change it for an Asus R9 280, i'm going to sell the 76p to a friend)

Before selling the 760, I wanted to test it.

I'm currently running Unigine Valley, the core is at 1338 Mhz and the Memory at 3114, everything seems staboe and fine, temps are at 78 degrees max, without touching the power limit, that's right, it's at ZERO, I only increased Core clock and memory clock.

This is a high OC? I read that reaching 1250 was like WOOOW. Anyways, how can I test the stability of the OC? Maybe unigine isn't stressing the GPU enough.

I'm a noob at testing OC's or I just won the sillicon lottery?

Damn good OC on the GPU.

That Memory clock :o

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

I would push it through some intense games like BF4, crysis 3, etc. 

That is what is going to tell you if it can handle that OC in the real world but Unique Valley should be stress testing it anyway.

Couple of hours gaming. 

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

Thats just insane, you should give me the card free of charge :P

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I would push it through some intense games like BF4, crysis 3, etc.

That is what is going to tell you if it can handle that OC in the real world but Unique Valley should be stress testing it anyway.

Couple of hours gaming.

Yup, i'm already downloading BF3. I raised a little more to 1354 and after 10 minutes Unigine crashed and the driver stopped :P I will step back some 10Mhz and leave it there.

I should keep it or go with the R9 280 as planned?

Well my 780 used to reach 1300 on air without voltage and 1450 on water. 
The memory oc is insane though! 
Congrats 

SuperNova: CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k @4.6 GPU: Sapphire R290 Tri-x @1200, @1350, MOBO: MSI Z87 G45 Gaming, RAM: 16Gb HyperX Fury White @1866, PSU: CORSAIR TX750M, CASE: Arc Midi R2, SSD: Kingston 120gb SSD, 
COOLING:
H100i w/ 2x Nb eLoop 800rpm

Check out my build log Black Dawn Check out my build log Supernova

Yup, i'm already downloading BF3. I raised a little more to 1354 and after 10 minutes Unigine crashed and the driver stopped :P I will step back some 10Mhz and leave it there.

Run it through a 3d Mark Fire Strike and give us the results... Now this I want to see.

CPU: Intel i7 4770k w/Noctua NH-D15, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 Ultra Durable, RAM: Patriot 8Gb 1600Mhz (2x4Gb), GPU: MSI R9 390x Gaming,

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 1Tb, HDD: Caviar Black 1Tb, Seagate 4Tb Hybrid, Case: Fractal Design Define R4, PSU: Antec Earthwatts 750w 

Phone: LG G2 32Gb Black (Verizon) Laptop: Fujitsu Lifebook E754 w/ 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD Vehicle: 2012 Nissan Xterra named Rocky

Run it through a 3d Mark Fire Strike and give us the results... Now this I want to see.

Yes, I'm downloading it. Just wait me :)

Well my 780 used to reach 1300 on air without voltage and 1450 on water.

The memory oc is insane though!

Congrats

So I won the Sillicon lottery? It should crash the game at the first try if the clocks weren't stable right?

Thats just insane, you should give me the card free of charge :P

Haha, I keep it or I should sell it and get the 280?

I let my i5 4670k hit 5ghz with my Corsair H80

I currently run it at 4.4ghz, but it was fun to see how far I could push my CPU on 1.35v

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

GPU Core should be like 1337MHz :P

Memory clock of 6228MHz is wow wee considering it just a 256bit memory chips

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

So I got a "meh" card? :P

A 280 is very similar in performance to a 760, and since your 760 overclocks so well, the 280 won't really be an upgrade at all.

XEON E3 1231v3 | GA-Z97MX GAMING 5 | XFX R9 290 | 16GB RAM | CRUCIAL MX100 256GB | WD BLUE 1TB | EVGA SUPERNOVA 850W | CORSAIR 350D

R9 280 will give you better performance, I would jump to a 290 if you can, it will be a larger improvement, like the 280 beats a 760 by a bit and with the extra VRAM makes it the better card. But the 290 will be a larger leap. 

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

I'd say keep it.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I can get my 780ti to 1350mhz on water with a custom bios. I keep losing this lottery. My 4770k is crap and my GPU is ehh. I guess I'm just unlucky. But congrats on the OC!

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

I don't know how to calculate total Memory clock. Unigine Valley showed me that number (3114) so I don't know what that really means :(

EDIT: Checked MSI Afterburner, yes, that number is showed in "GPU Memory Clock"

I can get my 780ti to 1350mhz on water with a custom bios. I keep losing this lottery. My 4770k is crap and my GPU is ehh. I guess I'm just unlucky. But congrats on the OC!

That sucks man! It's my first GPU, I got some luck I guess :P

Now my dilemma, keep it or get the R9 280, my friend really wants my 760 and I alredy told him that I will sell it to him, but with this juicy OC i'm not sure.

I don't know how to calculate total Memory clock. Unigine Valley showed me that number (3114) so I don't know what that really means :(

EDIT: Checked MSI Afterburner, yes, that number is showed in "GPU Memory Clock"

3114 is basically at single data rate speeds

6228 is at DDR speeds or double data rate 

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

3114 is basically at single data rate speeds

6228 is at DDR speeds or double data rate 

Awesome, now look at this. Unigine says 1343 but Afterburner says 1280. Power limit 100% (that's the default). It's weird... How much time I have to run 3D Fire Strike?

post-103016-0-03722200-1406783293_thumb.

Awesome, now look at this. Unigine says 1343 but Afterburner says 1280. Power limit 100% (that's the default). It's weird... How much time I have to run 3D Fire Strike?

i think that is GPU Boost 2.0 kicking in

i think that is GPU Boost 2.0 kicking in

Awesome. I should leave it there? What about VRM temps?

Awesome. I should leave it there? What about VRM temps?

this i cant say much

coz I don't have that GPU

you will need to ask the rest

this i cant say much

coz I don't have that GPU

you will need to ask the rest

I'll wait to someone to answer that. So, I should keep it? My friend is going to pay me the same money I paid for the card...