Best game to play to get views on Twitch?

VG Docs

Other than being extremely good at a particular game or game style, what do you think would be a good game to start playing to get a lot of views? I'm mainly curious because I have a lot of games I want to beat while live streaming, but I'm not sure what to go with. I know nothing of things like this :P

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

World Of Tanks, Counter Strike Global Offensive, WoW, League Of Legends, Dota 2, Hearthstone. (in no particular order)

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Minecraft.

Or Sanic Ball

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Just play a game you enjoy and build up an audience over time. Don't expect to be popular just from playing CS:GO like 10,000 other kids.

Just play a game you enjoy and build up an audience over time. Don't expect to be popular just from playing CS:GO like 10,000 kids.

I'm not good at that game anyway. :P

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Phantoms on the other hand, I like a lot more. But its peak on the official GRP stream is probably like 80 viewers xD

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

you're not going to instantly get views just because you're playing a popular games. you're going to have to build your audience over time before people start seeing you on the front page of a game section.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

you're not going to instantly get views just because you're playing a popular games. you're going to have to build your audience over time before people start seeing you on the front page of a game section.

Yeah, I know... but I figured playing a game that I like and that has a good viewership anyway could be a good idea. I like most games I play, so I don't have a problem with many games. I mainly just don't like the arena style FPS games. :P

Start with YouTube first.

I probably should've mentioned this, but I'm doing both by live streaming my games, then editing the recorded footage to smaller segments, also edited to make more entertaining, then uploaded to youtube. ;)

Being good at a game has actually very little to do with becoming popular. A lot is dependent on your personality. There are some pro players with lots of viewers but there are a lot of pro players with very little viewers.

Play games that you enjoy. Viewers will notice if you're not having fun and they don't like watching those streams. You don't have to be super good at the game but it helps to know about the game so if people in chat talk about the game you can have a conversation with them.

Play something that is popular and well known. No reason to stream Tribes: Ascend even if you love the game. For example doing something like modded Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas(there is a mod that adds those worlds together and a lot of other extra expansion mods). This will result in some attention. Anything AAA or very popular indie like Kerbal Space Program will work.

What also helps is being active chat member in some a little bit bigger streams that play similar games to yours. Then when those viewers go look for streams and see your name they will check that you. And if they like it they will stay.

Also keep in mind that getting some traction is very hard. Getting those first 20 Viewers is the most difficult and from there it gets easier. Also don't stream to get popular, stream because you want to. Even if there is 0 or 1 or 100 or 10000 viewers. Always do the best show you can. And what also helps is if you have a consistent streaming schedule so people know when to check you out. If they like your stream they will make time to watch you in their day. But if you stream maybe once or twice a week on a random day at a random time, sometimes 30 minutes sometimes 5 hours, then people, even if they follow you may not take that much interest.

Whatever is new or limited (e.g. betas with no NDA).  I saw a few (~4) small channels get partnered over the Destiny Beta.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K · MoBo: Asus Maximus Hero IX · RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum (2x8GB 2400MHz CL10) · GPU: EVGA SC+ GTX 980Ti (6 GB)
Case: Fractal Define R5, Black, Windowed · AMC: Corsair H90 with NF-A14 PWM (Pull)  · PSU Corsair HX 750W · SSD: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO
HDDs: WD Black 2TB and 2x Red 5TB · OS: Windows 10 · KB: Logitech 710+ · Mouse: Logitech G700S 
· Monitor: Acer XB270HU

It is more about how you interact with your viewers than what game you are playing.  There is no magical game that will guarantee  viewers.  But I would suggest, at first, staying away from the big popular games like WoW, CS:G0, LoL, Dota2 because it is very easy to get lost in the crowd.  People hardly scroll through all the players, they usually stick with the top five streamers in that game.

Another way that could help you get noticed is by playing the big new releases the day after they come out.

My Rig: i7-3770K, EVGA gtx980 SC, Asus P8-Z77 V-Pro, 2X Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD, 1X 850 Evo 1TB SSD, Corsair Obsidian 650D, 2X8GB Gskill Ripjaws, Seasonic X-850w PSU, Corsair H100i, 2X Asus vg248qe, Corsair Sabre RGB, 2X Corsair K95 RGB, Hyper X Cloud II

Corsair Krew - Lifetime Member  ASUS Krew - Lifetime Member  Samsung Krew - Lifetime Member EVGA Krew - Lifetime Member  Intel Krew - Lifetime Member

Any new game or beta. But you need to be talking also. I avoid streams with silence and music but no talk. Thats why I always talk, even if there isn't nobody watching. Sometimes not-so-popular games get views because people are channel surfing. Like Loadout etc.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

As everyone has already said, you won't get many viewers, if at all just by playing a certain game. You have to build it up slowly over time. It might help to start with a game that just came out that people want to see played. If you are serious about it, you have to advertise yourself and learn to be entertaining and interactive with the viewers. It's more about your personality than what game(s) you play, really.