What programs to put on a SSD?

CombustibLemon5

What programs do you suggest be put on an SSD? I know the OS should always be on it, but also any startup programs? What else is suggested? I have a 256 GB coming in with a 2 TB normal HD.

What programs do you suggest be put on an SSD? I know the OS should always be on it, but also any startup programs? What else is suggested? I have a 256 GB coming in with a 2 TB normal HD.

Just install everything but games. You're only going to notice the speed of an ssd if you install EVERY program you use daily.

My System Specs: (Short list) i7 4770k, GTX 780, many SSD's, a 2 TB HDD(deceased :( ), Corsair 650D. Full list: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/kchriz6097/saved/8dh7YJ

Upgrade Plan: Acquire some Black Noctuas then add 16 or 32GB of 2133MHz memory

I put my OS, programs like skype, anti virus software, steam, origin, iTunes, and GeForce experience on my SSD. Pretty much any programs using small amounts of data that you want to startup immediately. I store my games, movies, pictures, and large files on my HDD. Good Luck :)

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 | Motherboard: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 8gb (2x4gb) Corsair LP @1600mhz | GPU: Asus TUF GTX 1660 OC 6GB | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 | Storage: 250gb Samsung 840 EVO and 1TB WD Black 7200rpm | PSU: Corsair CX750M | Display: Asus VG245H 1920x1080 | Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO and default case fans | Laptop: Early 2015 13" Macbook Pro Retina - i5 2.7Ghz - 256GB SSD

There's no reason to not put a program on an SSD if there's still space, games too. Otherwise it's best to put essential programs to you and the ones that take the longest to load and utilize a lot of read and writing in their program. I personally don't like having my games or programs go on anything but an SSD which is why I have a 500GB one.

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

Just install everything but games. You're only going to notice the speed of an ssd if you install EVERY program you use daily.

I am planning to use it for a few select games that have noticeably long load times. Will I still have enough space to install all the programs on it?

I put my OS, programs like skype, anti virus software, steam, origin, iTunes, and GeForce experience on my SSD. Pretty much any programs using small amounts of data that you want to startup immediately. I store my games, movies, pictures, and large files on my HDD. Good Luck :)

Okay, thanks.

There's no reason to not put a program on an SSD if there's still space, games too. Otherwise it's best to put essential programs to you and the ones that take the longest to load and utilize a lot of read and writing in their program. I personally don't like having my games or programs go on anything but an SSD which is why I have a 500GB one.

Okay thanks.

I am planning to use it for a few select games that have noticeably long load times. Will I still have enough space to install all the programs on it?

I have a hard time taking up 240 GB of ssd space with most of the Adobe Creative Suite installed. So you shouldn't have a problem. Unless of course your game is over 50GB then your screwed :P

My System Specs: (Short list) i7 4770k, GTX 780, many SSD's, a 2 TB HDD(deceased :( ), Corsair 650D. Full list: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/kchriz6097/saved/8dh7YJ

Upgrade Plan: Acquire some Black Noctuas then add 16 or 32GB of 2133MHz memory