N00b Question For Running Multiple Monitors

pancoon

I want to theoretically have 3 PC monitors running at the same time. I have a VGA port, DVI port and a HDMI port on my motherboard. On my graphics card I have one DVI, a HDMI and a display port. Would I just run 1 monitor with VGA, one with DVI and one with DVI from my graphics card to get 3? Or can I run 3 with DVI using one port. Sorry if this is a stupid question. Also if I had one monitor, is it better to plug it into the motherboard or graphics card?

I want to theoretically have 3 PC monitors running at the same time. I have a VGA port, DVI port and a HDMI port on my motherboard. On my graphics card I have one DVI, a HDMI and a display port. Would I just run 1 monitor with VGA, one with DVI and one with DVI from my graphics card to get 3? Or can I run 3 with DVI using one port. Sorry if this is a stupid question. Also if I had one monitor, is it better to plug it into the motherboard or graphics card?

integrated graphics automatically turn off when you use a gpu. 

Plug them in your gpu.

SuperNova: CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k @4.6 GPU: Sapphire R290 Tri-x @1200, @1350, MOBO: MSI Z87 G45 Gaming, RAM: 16Gb HyperX Fury White @1866, PSU: CORSAIR TX750M, CASE: Arc Midi R2, SSD: Kingston 120gb SSD, 
COOLING:
H100i w/ 2x Nb eLoop 800rpm

Check out my build log Black Dawn Check out my build log Supernova

all 3 into the GPU

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

integrated graphics automatically turn off when you use a gpu.

Plug them in your gpu.

If I want to use HDMI is it possible to not make the audio go to my monitor? Also what is the best configuration for the ports to plug the monitors into?

all 3 into the GPU

Should I use 1 VGA, one HDMI and one DVI-D? How would I syop the audio from going to my monitor when I use HDMI?

If I want to use HDMI is it possible to not make the audio go to my monitor? Also what is the best configuration for the ports to plug the monitors into?

Plug dvi in one, hdmi in another and then buy a Display port to dvi or hdmi adaptor if none of your monitors support display port. 

you better of buying $20 speakers and plugging them in the rear of your mobo. 

SuperNova: CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k @4.6 GPU: Sapphire R290 Tri-x @1200, @1350, MOBO: MSI Z87 G45 Gaming, RAM: 16Gb HyperX Fury White @1866, PSU: CORSAIR TX750M, CASE: Arc Midi R2, SSD: Kingston 120gb SSD, 
COOLING:

Plug dvi in one, hdmi in another and then buy a Display port to dvi or hdmi adaptor if none of your monitors support display port.

you better of buying $20 speakers and plugging them in the rear

of your mobo.

So skip on VGA? And is it possible for an adapter for DVI-I to DVI-D? Also I like to use a headset so I don't use speakers.

So skip on VGA? And is it possible for an adapter for DVI-I to DVI-D?

Leave vga alone. Why do you want an adaptor for those two? 

As soon as you plug a speaker device like speakers, you can manually deactivate the audio signal from hdmi and set the speakers as your preferred sound output device 

COOLING:

Leave vga alone. Why do you want an adaptor for those two?

As soon as you plug a speaker device like speakers, you can manually deactivate the audio signal from hdmi and set the speakers as your preferred sound output device

Thanks. The monitors have DVI-D ports and no DVI-I. The GTX 770 has only one DVI-D and a DVI-I.

Thanks. The monitors have DVI-D ports and no DVI-I. The GTX 770 has only one DVI-D and a DVI-I.

not sure, but I think you can adapt both to hdmi

COOLING:

No need to convert, A standard DVI cable will work. 

CPU: Intel I7-4790k | MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Ram: Corsair Vengance 32GB 1600hz | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Reference

PSU: Corsair EVGA G2 850W  | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB, Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Case: Corsair 760T (White) | Peripherals: (2)Asus VS247H-P, Corsair M65, Corsair K70 RGB w/ Brown Switches

No need to convert, A standard DVI cable will work.

Awesome, thank you!