Only 2 USB Motherboard ports not working?

Meestagibbon

So I have an ASRock H61DE/S3 with an intel core i3-2100 CPU, and only the top 2 USB ports on the back of the motherboard work, the other two won't get power to anything, even a USB drive, now I'm lucky enough to have 2 USB ports on my keyboard, but those 2 broken ones are kind of needed sometimes, also the front panel one won't work but I'm confident that's got something to do with my crappy case. I've cleared the CMOS, checked the bios and all. Only thing I can think of on my own is that my CPU isn't getting the right power? Possibly. I have no idea I just need help please, somebody?

Full Specs:
Windows 8.1 pro 64-bit

ASRock H61DE/S3 (I'll check the BIOS version in a moment and edit this)
Intel Core i3-2100
MSI GTX 760 
8GB Kingston DDR3 at 1333
RocketFish Semi Modular, 500 watt, 600 watt max.
Everything runs below 50 degrees celcius, usually 35 under browsing load and around 60 degrees at full load while gaming, max gpu was 71.

Some motherboards tend to have multiple fuses for te USB slots this way if one is short circuited you don't loose all your USB slots, I've never seen or had to deal with this issue however I'm sure a google of blown USB fuse would help you.

5820k@3.8GHz| Corsair H100i |Gigabyte x99 SLI | Corsair 16GB | EVGA 780Ti SC ACX SLI x2 |240GB SSD120GB SSD 512GB SSD 2TB HDD | 3x ASUS VN247H 24" ( nVidia Surround)

Or there are multiple USB controllers and one of them is dying or already dead.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

I really just need to know if I can test it.

Do you have any unknown devices in device manager, or any device that isn't working properly? If no, this sounds like an blown fuse. USB fuses tend to be SMD style and look like this: 

4.jpg

You can test them if you have a multimeter, set it to ohms and try to measure the impedance across the two pads. Or if you have a continuity tester, use that instead.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.