what is the attraction to ROG boards?

I don't want to start up a whole flame war but I don't understand why people fan boy over ROG so much. honestly the only difference between ROG and a normal Z97 etc board is that ROG has higher end audio and you can still get all the same in something like a msi mpower for allot less. as for the graphics cards their still a waste, the 760 mars costs the same as a 780ti and preforms pretty much the same

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Style.

That is all.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

The only thing I personally care about ROG boards is that they're red and black but it's been so over used lately I've been preferring black on black boards.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

The red and black and I only care about the impact and maybe the formula.

2500k 4.0ghz,GTX 1070 oc,MSI Z77A-GD55,G.SKILL Ripjaws(4 x 2GB)DDR3 1333,OCZ Arc 100 240gb,Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB,Corsair TX 750w v1,CoolerMaster HAF 912,Hyper 212 EVO

muh color scheme

Probably just pure street cred at this point.

And they started making Black/Red popular.

The only thing I personally care about ROG boards is that they're red and black but it's been so over used lately I've been preferring black on black boards.

msi's gaming series is black and red though :|

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

I don't think I'll ever own one, 'lesser' boards with the same chipset perform the same for a 1gpu gamer so I take the extra money and buy other stuff, I don't have windows on my cases and don't care what the motherboard looks like.

I build a PC that's quiet and functional, ROG boards just aren't my type of product.

Its a well known brand, on a low level its how alienware is to dell, i could buy a dell xps with similar or superior hardware for less. The features that you actually need can be obtained from lesser boards for cheaper prices, they tend to add a sizeable amount of gimmicks which are pointless for 95% of the buyers.

The rog gpus are binned nicely but they are still a fucking rip off and if they break then you have to face the hell which is asus's customer service. In the end i would get a card from a different brand because i find others more reliable and that they have better services incase things go badly.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Those are popular too, but the ROG boards go a way back more, so the GAYMIN fanbase is bigger.

There are boards that are somewhat worth it though, like if for whatever reason you have a 9370+ CPU then a CVFZ (alternative GA UD7, idk why nobody knows it exists) is somewhat warranted.

The Hero board is also sitting somewhere between "sure, why not" and "gimmick"

And btw two 760s sometimes outperform a 780ti, they are about on par to a titan black.

ftfy

Error: 410

The name, the knowledge of top tier quality, epeen, looks

Epeen is by far the bigegst

Colour scheme

Aesthetic design

Features

Company reputation

The ROG name

And btw two 760s outperform a 780ti, they are about on par to a titan black.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

the armored boards look amazing.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

They're so cutting edge that they're broken. Why pay for R&D when you can have 12 year olds do it for you?

Personally I like MSI's Red and Black Style over Asus' I feel like it has the perfect blend of the two.

Just aesthetics i believe and some childish fanboyism i guess, kinda like ''i like to surf on the internet and post selfies on instagram. I must get a macbook pro''.

The maximus formula is beyond beautiful though.Especially with the armor that you can mod so easily.

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

the armored boards look amazing.

asus's sabertooth series had the armor first

Specs

The only way I imagined of owning one ROG stuff is from winning contests, giveaways, sweepstakes... never buying them.... high likely i will just sell it for money to buy something else....

Gadgets: Lenovo Y580 (Nostromo, Naga Epic, Hydra, TrackIr5), Surface Pro 3 (i3), Lumia 930, PSVita

Rig: i7-4770K, 8GB Kingston HyperX, Asus Strix GTX970, MSI Z87-GD65, Asus Xonar DGX, CMStorm Scout II, CM Seidon 240M, BlackWidow Ultimate, Naga Epic, Goliathus Extended Control, TrackIr5, Sennheiser HD205, Audio-Technica ATR2500, Edifier speaker, Logitech G940, Logitech G27, Logitech F710, Dell S2340L, Philips 200VL, Samsung 830 128GB SSD, DXRacer FA01N

I would love MSI's Gaming series if they didn't have that shield logo on the boards as it's just way too big and obnoxious.

msi%20G%20series%20logo.jpg

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

I don't want to start up a whole flame war but I don't understand why people fan boy over ROG so much. honestly the only difference between ROG and a normal Z97 etc board is that ROG has higher end audio and you can still get all the same in something like a msi mpower for allot less. as for the graphics cards their still a waste, the 760 mars costs the same as a 780ti and preforms pretty much the same

Style,features,quality

All that with one word: Swag!

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Style, being Asus, and to say I got ROG  hehe

O hey, I got ROG, see,  makes me cooler

Honestly only bought my Z77 ROG board because I was doing a red/black color scheme :P

- i7-2600k @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1070 8GB Gaming X - ASUS Maximus V Formula AC3 Edition - 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws @ 1600Mhz - Corsair RM1000 - 1TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD + 2TB 7200 HDD + 2x240GB M500 RAID 0 - Corsair 750D - Samsung PX2370 & ASUS ROG SWIFT -