Games to put on SSD

theloveablemoose

Yeah which games will benefit the most in terms of load times. 

Games currently installed:

Saints row the third

Call of duty blops 2 

Call of duty 4

Fallout new vegas (already on SSD)

killing floor

and FTL

You won't see any difference other than load times, I have the ones i play the most on my SSD.

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

All of them...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

all of them will run better, so which ever having the slowest loading for u go ahead and put it on the ssd.

I generally only put single player games that have lots of loading screens on my SSD.. In Skyrim, for example, it's really really nice to be able to walk into a building/cave without needing to sit through a load screen..

Anything multiplayer is a waste, because you can assume that most people are loading off of a standard HDD as well, and loading into the match a few seconds earlier isn't going to affect anything.

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

Get a bigger SSD. Samsung 840 EVO 1TB SSD via SATA is 380 euros.

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Get a bigger SSD. Samsung 840 EVO 1TB SSD via SATA is 380 euros.

I dont have that kind of money lol

Keep it at 30GB.

Reasoning?

I generally only put single player games that have lots of loading screens on my SSD.. In Skyrim, for example, it's really really nice to be able to walk into a building/cave without needing to sit through a load screen..

Anything multiplayer is a waste, because you can assume that most people are loading off of a standard HDD as well, and loading into the match a few seconds earlier isn't going to affect anything.

I put Blops on and im usually one of the first in game kinda nice oh and FNV loads real quick

I usually have my top played game or two on my SSD.  After they become less and less played they get rotated down to the normal HD and newer ones step into the SSD slots.  Although in todays age it doesn't seem like loading is as massive of a deal anymore.

Corsair 900D [ASUS Sabertooth Z87] i7 4770K @ 4.6ghz [x4 4BG Corsair Dominator Platnum 2133mhz]
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (OS) [2TB  Western Digital Caviar Black (Storage)] 2x Nivida 980GTX SLI 

Beyerdynamic DT990's [Logitech 600] Razor Blackwiddow Ultimate [MS XBOX360 gamepad]

Out of the ones listed I would say Saints Row The Third. Single player with alot of loading screens for missions and the like. Seems like the most needed. 

FTL already loads fast, so no dice.

The last three not on the ssd current are all multiplayer so unless your often the last to load in, would not sweat it.

Sp games really. MP games usually have a countdown or some kind of synch to prevent unfair advantages.

Using Tapatalk

Games that stream lots of data from the drive will benefit more then just load times, An SSD will also eliminate Texture popping, LOD switching issues and microstutter.

Games like Arma which streams tons of data from the drive continuously benefit the most.