Suggest headphones under £45?

Tazman192

Basically what the title says. Will be using them for my pc mostly, so don't care about portability but folding ones are always a bonus incase I do decide to take them out.

Would like over-ear for comfyness, and that's about it. Will be buying from amazon uk

Please suggest the best headphones in my budget.

Cheers.

"The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be."

CPU: Intel i5 4690K - Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Ranger - RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP - 2x4GB @ 1866Mhz - GPU: MSI Twin Frozr GTX 770 4GB - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 CPU Cooler - PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750W - Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD- Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Windowed (with Red AKASA Led Strips) - Display: Benq GL2460HM 24" Monitor

DOnt think you're going to get something super comfortable or with decent sound for that prize. Should probably look at on-ear headphones for the best quality/price. I can't help you specifically in this price range though

I love StarCraft

Intel i5 4670 @3.4Ghz - Gigabyte G1 Gaming Gtx 970 @ 1542Mhz - 120GB Kingston SSD - 1TB Seagate HDD - Gigabyte B85-H3D - 8 GB 1333Mhz Kingston RAM - Azza Toledo 301 - SteelSeries Sensei/Logitech G400s - Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate - Sennheiser HD 598 - Zalman Zm-mic 1
 http://www.last.fm/user/thalandros 
http://www.mysteamgauge.com/account?username=76561198044810844

http://www.amazon.co.uk/JVC-nanotubes-diaphragm-Over-head-Headphone/dp/B008FWB9TQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1406753111&sr=8-1&keywords=ha-s500

I have these and they sound great, also fold up which is really nice. Only problem is that they are on-ear, I got some Sennheiser velour pads with mine though which do help quite a bit with comfort.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/JVC-nanotubes-diaphragm-Over-head-Headphone/dp/B008FWB9TQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1406753111&sr=8-1&keywords=ha-s500

I have these and they sound great, also fold up which is really nice. Only problem is that they are on-ear, I got some Sennheiser velour pads with mine though which do help quite a bit with comfort.

Had a look at them. They look great but are unfortunately a bit out my budget. Cheers for the suggestion.

Superlux HD681 EVO or HD66b.

Considering the HD681 evo as I've seen a few people talk highly of them considering the price. The other version is a bit too bassy from what I've also heard. Thanks for the suggestion.

Koss PortaPro is comfy despite being on ear.

Man I see these headphones on cnet, whathifi, everywhere, but they look HIDEOUS lol. The cable is also huge from what I can see, I'll look into these aswell cheers

CPU: Intel i5 4690K - Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Ranger - RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP - 2x4GB @ 1866Mhz - GPU: MSI Twin Frozr GTX 770 4GB - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 CPU Cooler - PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750W - Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD- Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Windowed (with Red AKASA Led Strips) - Display: Benq GL2460HM 24" Monitor

Had a look at them. They look great but are unfortunately a bit out my budget. Cheers for the suggestion.

If you look under all sellers, there are new ones for ~33 pounds. You also have to get them imported from Japan, they are not sold anywhere else, just so you know.

If you look under all sellers, there are new ones for ~33 pounds. You also have to get them imported from Japan, they are not sold anywhere else, just so you know.

Yeah just saw under other sellers. I'll look up some reviews of these, some complain of it being uncomfy however. What are the velour pads that you use with this? If you could link me would be great.

Man I see these headphones on cnet, whathifi, everywhere, but they look HIDEOUS lol. The cable is also huge from what I can see, I'll look into these aswell cheers

They were designed in the 80's and Koss has never needed to refresh the styling because they continue to sell well.

Yeah just saw under other sellers. I'll look up some reviews of these, some complain of it being uncomfy however. What are the velour pads that you use with this? If you could link me would be great.

I believe these are the ones I have: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-69417-HD25-Earpads-Velour/dp/B003SP9I16/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1406757342&sr=8-1&keywords=hd+25+velour They came with the headphones when I bought them (I bought them second-hand on ebay). People say there are other ear pads which make this sound a lot better than the ones I have, so you may want to look around for other alternatives. Here is a thread with a ton of info on them if you're looking for some opinions on them: http://www.head-fi.org/t/621063/the-jvc-ha-s500-appreciation-fan-thread

I believe these are the ones I have: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-69417-HD25-Earpads-Velour/dp/B003SP9I16/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1406757342&sr=8-1&keywords=hd+25+velour They came with the headphones when I bought them (I bought them second-hand on ebay). People say there are other ear pads which make this sound a lot better than the ones I have, so you may want to look around for other alternatives. Here is a thread with a ton of info on them if you're looking for some opinions on them: http://www.head-fi.org/t/621063/the-jvc-ha-s500-appreciation-fan-thread

That threads gonna help. Only thing I'm not sure of are import taxes etc I don't know how buying from abroad works with Amazon

That threads gonna help. Only thing I'm not sure of are import taxes etc I don't know how buying from abroad works with Amazon

Amazon.co.uk bruh

Yeah I can't help you much there, sorry.

Takstar Hi-2050

Have owned a pair for awhile now, and has slightly more of a tight clamp that my HD558, so gets a little sore after around six hours of continued use. My only con!

#!

Audio Technica ATH M-30s or M30x. Averagely comfortable, but very light and just about the best audio balance and quality you can get for their low price. Basically the little brother of the world-renowned ATH M50s (my personal favorite headphones EVER) and perfect on a budget, as long as you're not a basshead.

Takstar Hi-2050

Have owned a pair for awhile now, and has slightly more of a tight clamp that my HD558, so gets a little sore after around six hours of continued use. My only con!

If you don't mind them being open, those look pretty darn nice.

If you don't mind them being open, those look pretty darn nice.

Looks like a beyer.

Looks like a beyer.

From what I've read, I think they are kind of a Chinese knockoff of Beyers. Don't quote me on that though.

From what I've read, I think they are kind of a Chinese knockoff of Beyers. Don't quote me on that though.

That would appear to be the case.

Sound signature is not as clean as the DT series from beyers, the design is slightly different too. 

For a headphone that costs less than $50 on the street, it's not a bad buy, and I still use them as my daily driver headphone for on the go use, very robust, and has taken a beating thus far. 

#!

Not sure if I want to go for anything open. Semi closed at best is probably what I'd go for. I hate sound leakage even though it doesn't effect me.

Not sure if I want to go for anything open. Semi closed at best is probably what I'd go for. I hate sound leakage even though it doesn't effect me.

There's no such thing as semi-closed/semi-open. It's either sealed or it isn't.

Alot of AKG such as the k99's are advertised as semi open. Is it just marketing?

semi-closed/open is just another way of saying seals like shit.

Alot of AKG such as the k99's are advertised as semi open. Is it just marketing?

Yes, beyer does it too with their 880. Rest assured, the isolation (both ways) is just as bad as with "fully" open headphones.

semi-closed/open is just another way of saying seals like shit.

Thank you for that ass-essment.