Bought psu from US,if I get an adapter will it work?

When my sister went to the US,I realised that parts there where much,much cheaper and I could save a ton of money if I brought them back from there.I have now discovered how stupid I was just to throw in a psu(corsair cx750) on my list of things to buy there as it is a different socket to EU.I have heard that there are different voltages in both regions so even if I should not put an adapter in? Could I replace the cord that connects the PSU to the wall socket(I found one) or will I have to buy a different psu altogether.are all the other parts ok??

Most modern PSUs can take voltages from 100V to 250V and they can switch from 50Hz to 60Hz as well. It's literally just a different cable/plug so an adapter or an EU cable should work without a problem.

Edit: Verified, the PSU you mentioned can take 100V - 240V.

You will be just fine. What other parts?

Is it a monkey? Is it an ape? I don't care, I LOVE'EM!

When my sister went to the US,I realised that parts there where much,much cheaper and I could save a ton of money if I brought them back from there.I have now discovered how stupid I was just to throw in a psu(corsair cx750) on my list of things to buy there as it is a different socket to EU.I have heard that there are different voltages in both regions so even if I should not put an adapter in? Could I replace the cord that connects the PSU to the wall socket(I found one) or will I have to buy a different psu altogether.are all the other parts ok??

Most PSUs have a voltage switch. What do you have?

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 3700x CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Prism Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) SSD: Samsung 970 Plus 250GB NVME, WD Blue 2TB m.2, Crucial M500 240GB GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW PSU: Seasonic G-Series 550W CASE: Corsair 220T RGB

You will be just fine. What other parts?

cpu,mobo,cpu cooler.

cpu,mobo,cpu cooler.

All of that will work just fine, including your PSU. Just make sure customs don't fuck you over with lots of expensive products from overseas.

Tell us a model and we can work with it, cheap psus tend to have a voltage switch near the plug on he back you will see red usually plastic saying the voltage expensive psus may still take multiple voltages via the IEC cable and it will regulate it its self.

5820k@3.8GHz| Corsair H100i |Gigabyte x99 SLI | Corsair 16GB | EVGA 780Ti SC ACX SLI x2 |240GB SSD120GB SSD 512GB SSD 2TB HDD | 3x ASUS VN247H 24" ( nVidia Surround)

Tell us a model and we can work with it, cheap psus tend to have a voltage switch near the plug on he back you will see red usually plastic saying the voltage expensive psus may still take multiple voltages via the IEC cable and it will regulate it its self.

I listed the model cx750.

I listed the model cx750.

sorry man must have skimmed past it

its fine can take the voltage just get a IEC cable for your wall socket

axLZI.png

5820k@3.8GHz| Corsair H100i |Gigabyte x99 SLI | Corsair 16GB | EVGA 780Ti SC ACX SLI x2 |240GB SSD120GB SSD 512GB SSD 2TB HDD | 3x ASUS VN247H 24" ( nVidia Surround)