Why PC games are more bugged then Console games?

lovingGamer
Go to solution Solved by Jodomcfrodo,

i don't know why but i got confused! with your ANSWERS!

Well there are only two CONSOLES! to code for while there are MANY! Different types of hardware configurations on PC!

Why PC games are more bugged than Console games?

just a wild guess, but because there are not many consoles to code a game for, but there are a wide range of graphics card etc... which need to be supported on a PC game

Why PC games are more bugged than Console games?

With consoles they are coding for one certain set of hardware while PCs there are various sets of hardware.

Life.exe is missing

Because there are way more configurations of pc's. It's the same thing with OSX and Windows, developing stuff for few devices is much easier.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

because if you have a game that's for console there is only and will only ever be two variations of hardware to code for (xbox/PS4) and they will never meet.... PC's have so many variations of GPU'S/CPU's and other components that need to be programmed for/tested.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Well there are only two CONSOLES! to code for while there are MANY! Different types of hardware configurations on PC!

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

because if you have a game that's for console there is only and will only ever be two variations of hardware to code for (xbox/PS4) and they will never meet.... PC's have so many variations of GPU'S/CPU's and other components that need to be programmed for/tested.

That is correct for the most part. It mostly affects optimization and how well a game runs on the millions of different combinations on hardware that are possible with PCs. But many bugs and bad ports are actually the result of a lazy dev or a publishers that doesn't give them enough time and resources to properly port a game to PC (if it was developed for a console in the first place). Sometimes they make your mouse movement emulate a thumbstick and don't bother with actual mouse implementation, sometimes they leave the 30fps cap on the game because they tied physics or in the worst case the speed of the whole game to it, sometimes they don't bother upgrading the game to higher quality textures and better effects, etc. etc. Not to mention that glitches and bugs often happen during the actual port itself and they simply can't be bothered to fix them.

Yes, the millions of different hardware combinations make it hard to properly optimize a game, but many bugs are not hardware specific and just a result of lazy devs/publishers.

So, what should i get PC or PS4.. What do you guys recommend?

Just for playing online (not with my friends form my country)

up to you how much you want to spend. Pc cost more but games are cheaper, console is cheaper but games cost more And you have to pay to play online. Unless you get a Nintendo wii u.

Well, this is a PC community, so everybody here's probably going to pick PC. :P

Still, even upon setting aside my personal bias, if you're talking about playing online (aka online multiplayer), PC undeniably does it better than consoles.

Because Bethesda knows their fans will patch it anyway. Oh... We're talking about all games... Oops.  :P

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

Well, this is a PC community, so everybody here's probably going to pick PC. :P

Still, even upon setting aside my personal bias, if you're talking about playing online (aka online multiplayer), PC undeniably does it better than consoles.

I'm not saying that i don't love PC gaming, actually i only played on ps4 few times and i did not like it low FPS.

But when i was playing, i noticed when i completed few missions, to that missions are bugged on PC and i asked my friend why did it not crash, and i decided to ask here why

PC games are more bugged than Console games..

Sorry my english sucks!

I'm not saying that i don't love PC gaming, actually i only played on ps4 few times and i did not like it low FPS.

But when i was playing, i noticed when i completed few missions, to that missions are bugged on PC and i asked my friend why did it not crash, and i decided to ask here why

PC games are more bugged than Console games..

Sorry my english sucks!

Which games are we talking about, specifically?

(And I've seen worse English from native speakers, so don't worry about it - you're okay. ;) )

Which games are we talking about, specifically?

(And I've seen worse English from native speakers, so don't worry about it - you're okay. ;) )

Well, Call of Duty, BF4....I can't remember now

Well, Call of Duty, BF4....I can't remember now

Well, Call of Duty (Ghosts, at least) and BF4 are notorious for being glitchy and buggy. I'm not sure if the consoles have the same problem, but at least on PC, COD/Battlefield have been having issues because Infinity Ward doesn't really care about a good PC port, and EA rushed Battlefield out the door.

Well, Call of Duty (Ghosts, at least) and BF4 are notorious for being glitchy and buggy. I'm not sure if the consoles have the same problem, but at least on PC, COD/Battlefield have been having issues because Infinity Ward doesn't really care about a good PC port, and EA rushed Battlefield out the door.

but every issue is being fixed how? by dev's? players?..

I don't really play either game, so I couldn't really say. I know both Battlefield 4 and Call of Duty: Ghosts have both had patches from the developers after their release. I imagine that things are less buggy/glitchy than they were upon release, but I don't know if it's fixed or not. 

You could probably make a 2nd topic and ask if Battlefield 4 or Call of Duty: Ghosts for PC has been fully fixed yet. Other people might know.

I don't really play either game, so I couldn't really say. I know both Battlefield 4 and Call of Duty: Ghosts have both had patches from the developers after their release. I imagine that things are less buggy/glitchy than they were upon release, but I don't know if it's fixed or not. 

You could probably make a 2nd topic and ask if Battlefield 4 or Call of Duty: Ghosts for PC has been fully fixed yet. Other people might know.

ook

Battlefield has specific Servers like: CTE servers. (Community Server Enviorment) Choosed Players are playing the game and report if something is "bugged" or "glitchy".

DIce reacts to this and patches it in the "Real" Servers.

Sorry for bad englando :(

Battlefield has specific Servers like: CTE servers. (Community Server Enviorment) Choosed Players are playing the game and report if something is "bugged" or "glitchy".

DIce reacts to this and patches it in the "Real" Servers.

Sorry for bad englando :(

ok thanks for your answer!