Battery Life 'Holy Grail' Discovered, Phones May Last 300% Longer

Victorious Secret

sz_low-battery-on-smartphone-1.jpg

This pleases the court. More fancy displays and high PPI and GPUs and Tegras and i7 extremes in my phone don't interest me as much as a phone that can last a few days without needing to be charged. And not just as a result of having a huge honking battery, like the G3 or Note 3. 

It comes top of almost all ‘most wanted’ polls, but manufacturers rarely listen. Battery life has become the great unloved element of the modern smartphone and it has built an entire industry of spares, charge cases, mini power cables and much more as a consequence. But that could all change after scientists announced they have achieved the ‘holy grail’ of battery design .

In a paper published in scientific journal Nature Nanotechnology, researchers at Stanford University report they have designed a pure lithium anode with the potential to increase the capacity of existing battery technology 400%.

“Of all the materials that one might use in an anode, lithium has the greatest potential,”said Yi Cui, professor of Material Science and Engineering and leader of the Stanford research team. “Some call it the Holy Grail. It is very lightweight and it has the highestenergy density. You get more power per volume and weight, leading to lighter, smaller batteries with more power.”

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2014/07/29/longer-phone-battery-life/

repost :P

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}