Fractal Designs Integra M series of power supplies: No type R

brownninja97

Fractal_Design_Integra_M_550W_02.jpg

So fractal is trying to get a share of the psu market sadly branding is everything and they have failed at that, take coolermaster and corsair, both have easy ways of indentifying the power supplies eg the cs series or the v series.

Anyways they may lose out on the branding side but can they make it up in other parts of the power supply.

So the power supplies are 80+ bronze and they are semi modular, only the 24pin(can be broken to a 20pin) is stuck on. *correction the cpu power cable is also stuck on however it is a flat ribbon like cable

There is also a 140mm fan to cool them parts because bronze psus give off this scary stuff called heat, sucks i know, my bloody room is at 35oc and i blame my psu i doubt my gpu at 80oc has anything to do with it, i probably shouldnt try to do news and play games at the same time.

integra550w1.jpg

Back on topic the power supply comes in 450,550,650,750 with a £5($10) price difference between the lot.

Only three years of warrenty, cant believe this, anything under 50 years cant be trusted. That was a joke calm yourselves.

It doesnt chicken out with the C6 and C7 power constraints that haswell(and above) provide.

integra550w2.jpg

Prices

MSRP:
           450W 550W 650W 75W
USD 54.99 64.99 74.99 84.99
GBP 39.99 44.99 54.99 59.99
EUR 49.99 54.99 64.99 74.99
SEK   449   549  629     699
AUD    x        84    104     118

In Australia the 450w varient will not be sold because windspeed36 blocked my threads earlier today *fact

http://www.techpowerup.com/203612/fractal-design-introduces-the-integra-m-series-power-supplies.html

http://www.hitechlegion.com/news-press/press-release/40964-fractal-design-launches-a-new-power-supply

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I am severly disappointed at the lack of Type-R.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

I really wish Fractals platinum range was fully modular, but I guess until that happens, I'm never buying a Fractal PSU. GG Fractal.

System specs
  • Graphics card: Asus GTX 980 Ti (Temp target: 60c, fan speed: slow as hell)
  • CPU: Intel 6700k @ 4.2Ghz
  • CPU Heatsink: ThermalRight Silver Arrow Extreme
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus Viii Gene
  • Ram: 8GB of DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
  • Headphone source: O2 + Odac 
  • Mic input: Creative X-Fi Titanium HD
  • Case: Fractal Design Arc midi R2
  • Boot Drive: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB 
  • Storage: Seagate SSHD 2TB
  • PSU: Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 550w

Peripherals

• Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q
  • Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma (16.5 inch/360)
  • Mouse surface: Mionix Sargas 900
  • Tablet: Wacom Intuos Pen
  • Keyboard: Filco Majestouch Ninja, MX Brown, Ten Keyless 
  • Headphones: AKG K7xx
  • IEMs: BrainWavs S1

I got an Integra 650W PSU and it had horrid coil whine, sent an RMA and accidently got a 750w unit back. That victory was short lived since the replacement unit still had horrid coil whine. Avoid Fractal PSUs, at least the Integra line. Unless loud whining is your fetish.