Don't you think that Linus has moved a little too far away from computer videos? your thoughts here!

ANNIHILATOR284

i liked when he did experiments and stuff when he was in NCIX, he doesn't do much of those , i liked it when he used to compare cards, that's how i found him , my 560ti card of MSI , he did like 4 videos regarding them , one including how to overclock using msi after burner and all , old times, 
also youtube only loads certain amount of video if you keep pressing load more, i want to see his old videos , any fix for that ?
(you can see from reverse order, even doing that i can only load more upto 2 years ago , inbetween videos i cant access, since it stops loading more videos )

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

it's good that he does other stuff as well, the more Linus the better!

there's only 1 thing that bothers me now

that he scripts everything

what fun is reading jokes?

i loved how he was spontaneous in his reviews before

now, it's all preset in advance, so not really much fun there

only thing that i really enjoy from him now is WAN show and superfun channel, coz...no scripts!

and we can all laugh till we cry!

i love his videos from NCIX where he'd just go in some back room and film a review of something, that he didn't even know all about and explore the item with the viewer, i think that's lost now, that adventure in unboxing and reviewing an item

it's too clinical now

but i understand it

it's more professional in this way and since his business is relying on a well done and thorough review, it is expected

but i don't like it :D

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it.

I miss his old vlog style vids were he would have to fix something for him self or a freind.

There's been at least some indie pc game releases and such yet channel super fun dropped that notion completely.

Just saying, something that uses those gpus and such for something other than benchmarks would be nice.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I'm really excited to see if the all encompassing water cooling system happens. That would be a very neat video series to watch... as long as they have good flood insurance for those titans... just in case  :P

This could start a trend, it'd be like when people used to wire their houses for ethernet. 

I say used to because its been about 10 years since I've lived in a house that had ethernet jacks in every room. And I really miss it. Awww... Nortel IP Phones....

Now I am a sad telecom.

I always guarantee that no more than 50% of what I say is useful.

LinusTECHtips. How hard is this to understand? He does tech videos, not just computer videos. And always has done.

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

i loved when he did all the small interesting videos , like this 680 vs 660ti SLI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2lTBQcT5pYt=11m18s

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

• 4 weeks later...

I do think he doesn't do much PC related stuff now. but I'll still watch and support him.

It's TECHtips not COMPUTERtips. I think LInus makes enough of PC content and all the other tihings are just nice to have. Also channel superfun is one of the best things ever!

Edit: did I just reply to this thread twice? I think I did...

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

There are a lot of phone reviews, whilst I don't buy a new phone every month.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

I hope that LTT grows and LMG can branch out to multiple sections of tech and e.g. set Slick in charge of the core PC hardware stuff and Terran to do Techquickie and Linus can do various tech and if a greater interest about a certain part of 'tech' apears, branch on in that direction aswell until LTT is one big family of tech entertainment.

who cares...

My ears bleed when they spend too much time on phones.  Seriously **** the phones.  Still considering that his viewership went up on Twitch to an all-time new high recently I think he will keep going in the direction he has set out unless suddenly things become really different in the tech world and he needs to adjust what he needs to talk about so he keeps his viewership and keeps the money coming in.  It is all about ratings, viewership and money.  So change will come when he is hurting more in the wallet.

Now as for what was said in your title question ..

Do I think Linus has moved a little too far away from computer videos?  All I can say is there was a short time where I was ready to stop watching entirely but with that fun channel and with that world record LAN party event and more Linus got me back to watching him.  I thought the cell phone talk had gone way too far and was taking up way too much time on the show.  I also think that Tek Syndicate hinted at something in a recent show of their's that they do things differently than Linus and others and that is have way less ads.  I think that at times the ads/sponsors take up too much time during The WAN Show.  I think they could do a better job of making ad spots shorter and to the point.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S