Those who have R9 290 or R9 270

alphabeta

I want to at what temperature they run while gaming ( maximum load ) and is it noisy or not ?

*Don't forget to mention which one you're talking about 

I want to at what temperature they run while gaming ( maximum load ) and is it noisy or not ?

*Don't forget to mention which one you're talking about

R9 270 MSI gaming - 70c stock 51c over clocked room temp is about 25c ATM.

Can't even hear the thing unless I force the thing to overheat in a closed cabinet but it doesn't ramp up until it hits 80c

It depends what cooler you get, because the stock cooler on the AMD cards is pretty lackluster. Although if you get a really good cooler like a Tri-X or Vapor-X, the cooling will be really good.

Here is a review of the 290 with a Tri-X cooler: http://hexus.net/tech/reviews/graphics/63953-sapphire-radeon-r9-290-tri-x/?page=10

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

R9 290 Tri x. Right now 44c after a gaming session. 
Runs super quiet and the highest it gets up to is 76c after hours of gaming.

SuperNova: CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k @4.6 GPU: Sapphire R290 Tri-x @1200, @1350, MOBO: MSI Z87 G45 Gaming, RAM: 16Gb HyperX Fury White @1866, PSU: CORSAIR TX750M, CASE: Arc Midi R2, SSD: Kingston 120gb SSD, 
COOLING:
H100i w/ 2x Nb eLoop 800rpm

Check out my build log Black Dawn Check out my build log Supernova

Asus R9 290 DCUII OC

Idles at about 40c in the summer, dead silent under 48% fan load and it never really reaches over 45%, while gaming I usually get up to 77c. When idling the fan is utterly inaudible, it sits at 20% until you get over the 60c mark. It has a physical bios switch that from what I heard allows you to load the "silent" bios, which reaches up to 85c while gaming but is even more silent than what it is normally. It's also handy if you want to try and flash custom bioses (not that I recommend that though).

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Technically not a 290, but same Hawaii chip and same cooler from as 290.

MSI Gaming 290X, was hitting 78 in a long gaming session, completely quiet. After OC to 1150/1350 temps are at 84 and it's a bit louder, but still much quieter than my old 690

MSI R9-290 85c when gaming. I think MSI sacrificed temps for sound as it is the quietest graphics card i have ever owned.

Isn't the card meant to run at 90c because your then still under the limit.

I know the internet favours 70c being the max.

I will say I do get pissed off looking at the bottom of the case and there being perfect circles of dust from where the fans have reversed cycled

Isn't the card meant to run at 90c because your then still under the limit.

I know the internet favours 70c being the max.

I will say I do get pissed off looking at the bottom of the case and there being perfect circles of dust from where the fans have reversed cycled

AMD card's don't work like Nvidia cards. They will run at whatever temperature and will not clock themselves down or up. They will throttle over 94c though.

I think MSI stopped doing the reversed fan thing at start-up quite a while ago now. Mine doesn't do it.

Simple Stryker (Now Finished  ;) )

The Terrible HP

AMD card's don't work like Nvidia cards. They will run at whatever temperature and will not clock themselves down or up. They will throttle over 94c though.

I think MSI stopped doing the reversed fan thing at start-up quite a while ago now. Mine doesn't do it.

Yeah I know they aren't like nvidia cards I didn't know if that's what you were referencing.

My 270 still does but only once in a blue moon, bloody pointless though.

I'm using an r9 290 tri-x and it never goes above 75 C even in the summer.

As for sounds? There is a small rattle problem which has been solved with newer models, but other than that it's about on par with a noctua d-15. (-35dB full load)

R9 290 reference: Load 93C Idle 45C

Noise: Load: pretty loud. Need to wear headphones when gaming. Others in my house can hear it several rooms away. Idle: Can't hear it.

Edit: With the default fan profile, it's really hard to hear over my power supply. When the ambient temps are low it's not that loud. However, since I don't have AC my room will get up to 90-93F so it has to ram the fans up to about 80% to prevent throttling.

CPU: Intel i7 4770k w/Noctua NH-D15, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 Ultra Durable, RAM: Patriot 8Gb 1600Mhz (2x4Gb), GPU: MSI R9 390x Gaming,

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 1Tb, HDD: Caviar Black 1Tb, Seagate 4Tb Hybrid, Case: Fractal Design Define R4, PSU: Antec Earthwatts 750w 

Phone: LG G2 32Gb Black (Verizon) Laptop: Fujitsu Lifebook E754 w/ 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD Vehicle: 2012 Nissan Xterra named Rocky

GB windforce 270:

Idle- barely over ambient temps

load @ 949/1400 1.2v- 60C-65C

load @ 1100/1400 1.2v+20%power- 64C-70C

noise- cannot hear graphics card over PSU fan but that is fairly loud

290 Vapor-X. It goes up to 75C on stock. However it is pre-overclocked. When I add 200 MV to the core it goes up to 85C. This is running Uniheaven.

hehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehheh SWIGGITY SWOOTY I'M COMING FOR THAT BOOTY hehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehheh

huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue LINIXTEKTEPS R DE BES I LUV LINUX huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue

enough to make a small room get extremely hot.

Yeah, we're all just a bunch of idiots experiencing nothing more than the placebo effect.