Will Windows Need to Be Reinstalled?

RelentlessAF

Hey guys, so my dad needed a new CPU and motherboard since his computer doesn't have the processing power to play games like Battlefield. I'm working on my own secondary build but I do have a better motherboard and CPU he could use while I gather the rest of the components. However whenever I have changed major components in the past Windows wouldn't boot and would require a reinstalll. I can't do this since my dad bought the computer off craigslist and didn't get the key for it. So if I put the new motherboard and CPU in would it require a reinstall or would it be fine to do?

Unfortunately, the answer is yes, a reinstall is needed. Of course, you should first try booting without reinstalling, but I doubt Windows will boot. 

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!