theboi808

Whatsup,

Amd 8350

Asus M5A99fx pro 2.0

Corsair h80

Sapphire 6870 1gb

8gb corsair 1333mhz ram

1050w psu

The auto tuning from asus suite overclocks it to 4.3. I'm seeing people overclocking their 8350 to 4.7 stable and stuff. When I try to manually overclock it fails. I touch ONE option from the bios, I either get an error from prime95 or another error like the displays not showing etc. even if I turn cool n quiet off, I get errors or even manually change the voltage from auto to the default voltage number I get errors, but the asus auto tuning works (barely)... I wanted to at least hit over 4.5 ATLEAST. I was just wondering if anyone could help me out. I've been dealing with this for over a year and have just accepted the 4.3 but now I really want more juice out of it (if possible).

Whatsup,

Amd 8350

Asus M5A99fx pro 2.0

Corsair h80

Sapphire 6870 1gb

8gb corsair 1333mhz ram

1050w psu

The auto tuning from asus suite overclocks it to 4.3. I'm seeing people overclocking their 8350 to 4.7 stable and stuff. When I try to manually overclock it fails. I touch ONE option from the bios, I either get an error from prime95 or another error like the displays not showing etc. even if I turn cool n quiet off, I get errors or even manually change the voltage from auto to the default voltage number I get errors, but the asus auto tuning works (barely)... I wanted to at least hit over 4.5 ATLEAST. I was just wondering if anyone could help me out. I've been dealing with this for over a year and have just accepted the 4.3 but now I really want more juice out of it (if possible).

It may be the Mobo or bad luck with the chip you got. That's all I can think of

Increase the voltage. Some people can get to 4.5ghz without touching the voltage, but that's not the case for you.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

Well overclocking with the default voltage will never work. Raise the voltage to improve stability.

Never work? There are people who have gotten crazy clocks on stock voltages, some  even with lower voltage.

Check on ASUS' website, they did a how to on overclocking the 8350. They ramped it up to 4.8 GHz but with 1.5V the chip runs way to hot for me (I use the same chip btw). For me it is important to have a silent system so I feel uncomfortable reaching the 70°C mark.

Furthermore this OC does not work with the super highly advanced programmed Battlefield 4. If you play this game be prepared to establish a friendship with Mr. Bluescreen himself.

If you ramp up the voltage and set up the multiplier to 22.5 you should be able to get up to 4.5 GHz.

I managed 4.7 on 1.465v

if you have high performance ram you either have to turn up the cpu memory controller voltage or lower the clockspeeds of the ram, for some reason these chips don't like high speed ram when overclocked.

Wow thanks for the reply guys. I really appreciate it!

The thing is, I do ramp up the voltage but I'm saying when I reset to defaults and restart to bios and change the volt setting from "default" to the actual volt "number" my mono flips out and causes errors.

Also every time I manually overclock, my drivers (which are all up to date) get corrupted and everything almost falls apart... But I'll try more and send more feedback if I can.

I can get 5GHZ pretty easy on a cheap mobo, air cooling, and underpowered PSU, pretty easy as long as things are working the way that they should, AMD overdrive can work also if the mobo seems to be causing the issues.

Sweet I'll give overdrive a try. I used to use that for my amd 955 setup a while back but had a hard time. But I'll give it a try thanks man :)

Yep, I've even had a bit of luck with supposed "locked" CPUs using overdrive since some of the newer updates, good luck