Desktop restarts when loading into games

jiaweiiii
Go to solution Solved by jiaweiiii,

Solved changed my psu and also got an aftermarket cooler for my cpu . But what was causing my computer to restart according to the technician was one of the fuse inside was blown but was still able to on thankfully it didnt take any of my hardware with it

And now im able to play csgo without any problem but crash when i go to furmark ..

Buy a new power supply, along with a better heatsink..

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438014&cm_re=600w_psu-_-17-438-014-_-Product

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099&cm_re=hyper_212%2b-_-35-103-099-_-Product

Main: i7 2600 | ASUS P8Z68-V | 2x4GB Vengeance 1600 | GTX 580 | WD Blue 1TB | Antec TP-650C | NH U12S | W7 x64

Backup: X6 1090T | MSI K9A2 Platinum | 4x2GB XMS2 800 | GTX 550Ti | WD Blue 1TB |  Antec VP-450 | CM TX3 | W7 x64

But note i didnt use another power supply though . Im still using my old one only thing i did was took every single thing out disconnect and reconnect them and clear cmos and bang it work only for furmark

But note i didnt use another power supply though . Im still using my old one only thing i did was took every single thing out disconnect and reconnect them and clear cmos and bang it work only for furmark

You're not hitting tjmax when when loading into games. So its your power supply that is insufficient, thus causing random restarts. If you were to crack it open I'm sure it has a few bad capacitors.

Main: i7 2600 | ASUS P8Z68-V | 2x4GB Vengeance 1600 | GTX 580 | WD Blue 1TB | Antec TP-650C | NH U12S | W7 x64

Backup: X6 1090T | MSI K9A2 Platinum | 4x2GB XMS2 800 | GTX 550Ti | WD Blue 1TB |  Antec VP-450 | CM TX3 | W7 x64

It is a power supply problem. I had this exact same problem except when I played a game or ran kombustor the computer would freeze and I would have to hard restart. I returned my 500W PSU and got a 650W from corsair and the problem was fixed.

Hmm but i was not even able to load into games at first but now magically it's able to :/ . Idk about the power supply problem tho . 

So I've confirmed it's not my motherboard and gpu. So that leaves me with my psu or overheating of my cpu causing it to crash..

Solved changed my psu and also got an aftermarket cooler for my cpu . But what was causing my computer to restart according to the technician was one of the fuse inside was blown but was still able to on thankfully it didnt take any of my hardware with it

I told you it was most likely a PSU issue :P Event viewer never fails.

Edit: Also, the fuse would explain why your CPU was running so hot, since it couldn't trip the fuse, the extra current went into your processor, pumping out crap tons of heat.

Edited by SlayerOfHellWyrm

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section

I told you it was most likely a PSU issue :P Event viewer never fails.

Edit: Also, the fuse would explain why your CPU was running so hot, since it couldn't trip the fuse, the extra current went into your processor, pumping out crap tons of heat.

It was the poor excuse of Intel's stock heatsink that caused high core temps. A bad power supply doesn't add "extra current" into a CPU.

But i got one problem still after changing to aftermarket cooler . When i run prime 95 it still hits 100degree but it takes a longer time may 30mins + ?

It was the poor excuse of Intel's stock heatsink that caused high core temps. A bad power supply doesn't add "extra current" into a CPU.

When there is a dead fuse preventing OC protections or other measures from kicking in, yes. The fuses are to prevent extra current from entering the PSU, and being passed to other components, sams as every other fuse

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section