Desktop restarts when loading into games

jiaweiiii
Go to solution Solved by jiaweiiii,

Solved changed my psu and also got an aftermarket cooler for my cpu . But what was causing my computer to restart according to the technician was one of the fuse inside was blown but was still able to on thankfully it didnt take any of my hardware with it

its over 100degrees and my msi after burner is showing 0% gpu usage 

Afterburner is for GPU, Prime95 is testing your CPU :P

Anyway, over 100C is what's causing your issue, your CPU is overheating. You need a better heatsink then for your processor. Might also want to check in the Catalyst Control Center that your R9 280x is set to run for games, and not the Intel HD chip on your processor, 'cause that will cause the CPU to damn near instantly overheat when you load a game if you're running high settings.

Edit: I missed looking over the pic originally, and didn't even see the temps. I should've started there all along.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section

I've always been using stock cooler and there's no problem

I've always been using stock cooler and there's no problem. How do I check my my gpu is set to run games

its over 100degrees and my msi after burner is showing 0% gpu usage 

I really hope Intel goes back to soldering for Broadwell. Haswell is a joke, just about everyone get's around 100c with a stock cooler... Ivybridge sits around 65-70c on a full load. I'd suggest getting a hyper 212+ when you can.

Main: i7 2600 | ASUS P8Z68-V | 2x4GB Vengeance 1600 | GTX 580 | WD Blue 1TB | Antec TP-650C | NH U12S | W7 x64

Backup: X6 1090T | MSI K9A2 Platinum | 4x2GB XMS2 800 | GTX 550Ti | WD Blue 1TB |  Antec VP-450 | CM TX3 | W7 x64

Cause for the past few months my temp were at highest 70degrees and see no problem with it tho i've been clearing away the dust like every month tho

I've always been using stock cooler and there's no problem. How do I check my my gpu is set to run games

You may not have had issues before, but if you're on the western half of the planet, you're experiencing summer atm, where the ambient temperature is warmer than normal, and this decreases effective cooling. It'll be somewhere in the Catalyst Control Center. I'm not sure on the specifics since I've always been Nvidia

I really hope Intel goes back to soldering for Broadwell. Haswell is a joke, just about everyone get's around 100c with a stock cooler... Ivybridge sits around 65-70c on a full load. I'd suggest getting a hyper 212+ when you can.

There's flaw in your statement... my i7-4700MQ is Haswell, and being a laptop processor, obviously is using a stock cooler. Anyway, it sits idle at around 40C, and under load on average hits 70, only running Darksider 2 maxed out does it hit 90C. Perhaps the mobile Haswells don't run as hot, but in all the rigs I've built, I've never really had issues with Haswell and stock cooler.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Wow its okay now . But how did it even jump over to igpu in the first place :/

Could've been on that all along, could've happened during an update, who knows. If you're on Win 8, I'd chock it up to Win 8 being bi-polar, otherwise, just another weird Windows bug.

Well finally mystery solve ! But whats a cheap alternative for aftermarket cooler though ?

Are you sure? I never heard of a bug like that before... disable iGPU in bios for good measure.

Well finally mystery solve ! But whats a cheap alternative for aftermarket cooler though ?

CM hyper 212+

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099

Main: i7 2600 | ASUS P8Z68-V | 2x4GB Vengeance 1600 | GTX 580 | WD Blue 1TB | Antec TP-650C | NH U12S | W7 x64

Backup: X6 1090T | MSI K9A2 Platinum | 4x2GB XMS2 800 | GTX 550Ti | WD Blue 1TB |  Antec VP-450 | CM TX3 | W7 x64

Yeah i've just went to disable it . Idk man it just hopped to igpu ytd 

It's an area you don't want to skimp on, if you can avoid it, jut like your PSU. Either go with a larger tower cooler, or buy like a $50 AIO (All-in-one liquid cooler) You'll see a huge decrease in temps with an AIO

There's AIO which cost 50 ?!

Well, last time I saw it, it was, but it's $80 now: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835118134

i'll prolly settle for a deepcool gammax 300 . Thanks to all your help tho !

i'll prolly settle for a deepcool gammax 300 . Thanks to all your help tho !

No problem. If you're sure this thread as solved, make sure to mark the answer as such, so people will be able to see the answer if they ever have a similar issue

lel it might not be so easy problem is back good thing is im able to get into the inferface only when loading into a game i crash

edit before crash . Can hear the fan is spinning at full speed but idk which fan it was 

Okay so somehow my gpu can load into LoL havent tried the rest yet but i thought LoL is much more demanding than csgo :/ ?

very puzzled now im able to run msi kombustor gpu load 98% but i didnt crash but when i launch furmark the burn in benchmark it crash straightaway 

And now im able to play csgo without any problem but crash when i go to furmark ..