nVidia Ultimate Quest past winner announce date yet no winners announced?

binman13

Anybody else who has been following Ultimate Quest would know that the winners were to be announced before the 29th of July 2014.

As you can tell...this date has passed...

Has nVidia ditched the competition all together?

They could have just contacted the "winners" and are waiting for responses before putting their names out publicly. It is barely past the 29th, cool your coasters. If you haven't been contacted by them yet, you probably didn't win.

I should be studying.

this could be a miswriting by NVIDIA or just a massive joke. As others complained, NVIDIA can legally cancel the contest by writting "2013" instead of "2014":

"The winners of this Contest will be notified by NVIDIA on July 29, 2013 via their Twitter account used in the Contest by the NVIDIA GeForce twitter handle. To claim the prize, the winner must do the following within two (2) days from the date of NVIDIA’s notification..."

(source: Terms and conditions: https://ultimatequest.nvidia.com/legal.html?b=index). I'm as well concerned, because I might've been one of the first 50 winners that could win the prize...

• 3 weeks later...

I was finally contacted on the first. Since providing the information requested, I have been in contact with a nvidia employee attached to the contest. He told me that collecting the winners shipping information was taking longer than expected and that they had not heard back from all the winners yet. Considering I got that email in particular over 3 days after the notification from nvidia, it appears that they have not held winners to the strict 2 day response time.

Also, Besides myself, I know of at least 4 other winners who have already responded to nvidia. Can't speak for more than that. But none of us have shopping information, and we were all notified on the first of August.