What other tweaks/changes can I perform?

I have OCed my CPU to 4,1 Ghz, my RAM to 1600 Mhz, my GPU a slight bit by 3,5%,,,,,

My computer won't accept AHCI mode for some reason, it only boots in IDE and I heard AHCI is best for SSD's (faster maybe?)

My PC is clean, updated Windows, updated everything. No program's that I don't need.

Specs in Sig.

What else I can tweak or improve or change?

Remove everything from start up that isn't essential and only keep drivers and selected programs. Give the system a clean with a software such as CCleaner. Defrag your HDD. Apart from that there isn't really anything that will make a significant difference. Even the things I mentioned might not make much difference.

Remove everything from start up that isn't essential and only keep drivers and selected programs. Give the system a clean with a software such as CCleaner. Defrag your HDD. Apart from that there isn't really anything that will make a significant difference. Even the things I mentioned might not make much difference.

CCleaner already done, defragging an SSD, heard that that isn't a good idea? Startup programs is a good one.

Conservative:

oc more (4.1 can be achieved pretty easily with a locked cpu too, with a k series you aren't getting your money's worth unless you go for 4.4 or higher)

moar fans (with leds of course) + fan controller if necessary

"overclock" the monitor to a higher refresh rate

balls out crazy:

delid the cpu, it can seriously improve cooling (although there is an enormous risk of destroying the cpu)

mineral oil cool the pc

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Conservative:

oc more (4.1 can be achieved pretty easily with a locked cpu too, with a k series you aren't getting your money's worth unless you go for 4.4 or higher)

moar fans (with leds of course) + fan controller if necessary

"overclock" the monitor to a higher refresh rate

balls out crazy:

delid the cpu, it can seriously improve cooling (although there is an enormous risk of destroying the cpu)

mineral oil cool the pc

How can I overclock the monitor?

I have a Dell Ultrasharp U2412M

CCleaner already done, defragging an SSD, heard that that isn't a good idea? Startup programs is a good one.

NEVER DEFRAG AND SSD OMG.

Go to catalyst control center, desktop properties, then choose the frequency you want to achieve. Make sure you are using dual link dvi though otherwise the bandwidth isn't enough for more than 1920x1200 60hz.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

since you have AMD, you need a 3rd party program, I forgot the name of it doe. My friend used it to get his monitor up to 75hz on his 7770.

Go to catalyst control center, desktop properties, then choose the frequency you want to achieve. Make sure you are using dual link dvi though otherwise the bandwidth isn't enough for more than 1920x1200 60hz.

I am using Dvi, but what would Dual link imply? ;P What does it mean?

Defragging an SSD is mostly not recommended since it will rewrite all of your data meaning that it will use up a lot of your write cycles. Also you will not get any performance increase since unlike a HDD you don't have an actuator arm that would have to jump all over the HDD to get to the data which would normally slow it down depending of the fragmentation where on the SSD the NAND flash will go at the speed it was made to go no matter how long you had your data was on there and where it is at. Best thing you can do for your SSD is to make sure that you have TRIM enabled (what TRIM is)

Ah damn it, it doesn't show 75 Hz. :( Only up to 60, because my monitor is 1200.

I am using Dvi, but what would Dual link imply? ;P What does it mean?

dvi-tipi.gif

Single link connectors don't allow for the maximum dvi bandwidth.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

dvi-tipi.gif

Single link connectors don't allow for the maximum dvi bandwidth.

I have the dual link.... I think. I know I don't have the DVI-A or the single links at least.

I have the dual link.... I think. I know I don't have the DVI-A or the single links at least.

Then theoretically you should be able to reach higher refreshes.

Here is a detaled guide to do it if catalyst won't allow you: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/31526-overclocking-your-monitor-refresh-rate-amd-gpus/

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Never Defrag, i dont like using Ccleaner because the registry cleaner has rarely but somtimes completley freaked up my computer.  

Then theoretically you should be able to reach higher refreshes.

Here is a detaled guide to do it if catalyst won't allow you: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/31526-overclocking-your-monitor-refresh-rate-amd-gpus/

It basically ruined my desktop setup.

In AMD control center I can't choose 1920 x 1200 anymore, it stays on 1080P as highest. (I mean it's not listed)

I am stuck. I reinstalled CCC but nothing. Seems like it can only go to 60Hz

It basically ruined my desktop setup.

In AMD control center I can't choose 1920 x 1200 anymore, it stays on 1080P.

I am stuck. I reinstalled CCC but nothing. Seems like it can only go to 60Hz

Hmm you probably got an unlucky monitor. So wait, if you reinstall everything it goes back to normal? I hope so, I don't want your monitor on my conscience :S

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Hmm you probably got an unlucky monitor. So wait, if you reinstall everything it goes back to normal? I hope so, I don't want your monitor on my conscience :S

You didn't ruin it, but 1200 is just not listed anymore.

You didn't ruin it, but 1200 is just not listed anymore.

And you found no way to have it run at that? Have you uninstalled the utility? Have you tried using the utility to set the native resolution? Have you tried rescanning for monitors?

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

And you found no way to have it run at that? Have you uninstalled the utility? Have you tried using the utility to set the native resolution? Have you tried rescanning for monitors?

I reinstalled it yes. How do I set it to native? How do I rescan for monitors?

I reinstalled it yes. How do I set it to native? How do I rescan for monitors?

The utility suggested in that thread should allow you to set custom resolutions: use it to set 1920x1200 60hz.

To rescan go to catalyst, common visualization options (or something like that, I have the Italian version), then scan for screens (the other option under this voice is rotate screens in case the names are drastically different). It won't allow you to rescan on its own: keep your mouse on the "scan for screens" button, unplug the screen, plug it back in and click on the button.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

The utility suggested in that thread should allow you to set custom resolutions: use it to set 1920x1200 60hz.

To rescan go to catalyst, common visualization options (or something like that, I have the Italian version), then scan for screens (the other option under this voice is rotate screens in case the names are drastically different). It won't allow you to rescan on its own: keep your mouse on the "scan for screens" button, unplug the screen, plug it back in and click on the button.

I got the 1200P option to come back in CCC via the tool, except it doesn't work because it says I have to put it on 1200 @ 60 hz (which it is), weird,

I got the 1200P option to come back in CCC via the tool, except it doesn't work because it says I have to put it on 1200 @ 60 hz (which it is), weird,

did rescanning the screen work? so manually setting 1200p 60 doesn't work?

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

did rescanning the screen work? so manually setting 1200p 60 doesn't work?

Never mind, I restarted and now it is at 1920 x1200 again.

I am NEVER touching that tool again.

NEVER.