Intel 730 Series

mangafas

i will buy an ssd i dont know which. While i was watching linus review i was a bit disappointment about what he said.

What's your opinion?

It is an expensive extremely reliable enterprise-grade SSD that you don't need.

For a consumer, the samsung 840 evo performs better and will last long enough for a regular user.

If you have some extremely important data that cannot be lost and you run servers 24/7 then the 730 is for you. But you should be doing backups anyway.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Your question is the answer that i want. Thannks

It is an expensive extremely reliable enterprise-grade SSD that you don't need.

For a consumer, the samsung 840 evo performs better and will last long enough for a regular user.

If you have some extremely important data that cannot be lost and you run servers 24/7 then the 730 is for you. But you should be doing backups anyway.

jup, but some people say that ssds  are 100% safe, but its still a flash memory that can randomly lose data

just get mx100 and save urself a lot of money.

+°´°+,¸¸,+°´°~ Glorious PC master gaming race :wub: ~°´°+,¸¸,+°´°+
BigBox: Asus P8Z77-V, 3570k, 8GB Ram, Intel 180GB & Sammy 750GB, HD4000, W7
PiBox: Rasberry Pi, BCM @ 1225Mhz ^_^ , 256MB Ram, 16GB Storage, pIO, Raspbian

jup, but some people say that ssds 100% safe, but its still a flash memory that can randomly lose data

Linus talked about this on a livestream not long ago. There was a test done where a bunch of regular consumer SSDs lasted for petabytes of writes, far more than they were ever rated for on the box.

This proves that SSDs actually would last over 10 years for a regular gamer/ user.

The only reason for getting a 730 series is for servers where you are constantly writing data to the SSD 24/7. 730 series is also good for people who are paranoid about their SSD failing :P

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Every sane person backups he's data, so it doesn't really matter, if ssd loses its data :)

Every sane person backups he's data, so it doesn't really matter, if ssd loses its data :)

jup, but I know some who dont

jup, but I know some who dont

Thats their loss. No pun indended :P :P :P

I would never get an Intel 730 SSD. They use more power than a typical mechanical hard drive!

I would never get an Intel 730 SSD. They use more power than a typical mechanical hard drive!

and?People also buy AMD GPUs and CPUs that need more power in comparison to their opponents

and?People also buy AMD GPUs and CPUs that need more power in comparison to their opponents

SO? I just said that I would never get one. I never said about other people