Should I upgrade to Windows 8?

Go to solution Solved by Vitalius,

No. If Windows 7 works for you and you already have it, keep it.

8 is only worth getting for new builders and people who absolutely need it for development purposes. 

I have been using Windows 8 for over 8 months and it's fine. I just installed Classic Start and it's pretty much Windows 7.5. I wouldn't upgrade to it from 7 if I didn't want to pay the money, but I was building a new computer at the time anyway.

So I have been running Windows 7 now on my PC and haven't really felt the need to upgrade to Windows 8, as 7 has served me well and continues to do so. All the various issues such as metro that people have with Windows 8 has also been an off putting factor. With rumors that Windows 9 is in the pipelines at Microsoft I am more and more reluctant to pay the expensive upgrade costs for Windows 8. I would love to know the community's thoughts on this and to put the question simply. Should I upgrade to Windows 8?

LobotikaNZ

I was actually in the same situation but I just decided to wait for 9. 8 doesn't seem worth while enough to warrant an upgrade so if I were you I'd just wait it out and buy 9.

No. If Windows 7 works for you and you already have it, keep it.

8 is only worth getting for new builders and people who absolutely need it for development purposes. 

I have been using Windows 8 for over 8 months and it's fine. I just installed Classic Start and it's pretty much Windows 7.5. I wouldn't upgrade to it from 7 if I didn't want to pay the money, but I was building a new computer at the time anyway.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

If you are content with windows 7 then there is no reason to upgrade. However there is nothing wrong with 8.1, once you get used to the interface you can get to things a little faster. If you don't like the interface there are options to make 8.1 look like 7. I use windows 7 at work and am happy with it and 8.1 at home and have no issue with it.

OAS || AAS || LLS

Just wait. Windows 9 is on the way.

Two revolutionary dance tones

You mean 8.1?

i would get it if i were you. The most possible thing is that the win9 will be just an update of the win8.1 so it should be free to upgrade when the time comes.

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!