Ea is making it's own death

Cl2G

Just now figuring out that EA is evil?

scumbag-video-game-companies.jpeg

Just now figuring out that EA is evil?

scumbag-video-game-companies.jpeg

SIMCITY? *cough* Ahaha EA, never again.

Bye LTT. That was an interesting journey on this board. At least here you see how not to do it. I'll go shaking my head about this place.

I'm at work and can't click on an article from Polygon - what's it about? 

I'm at work and can't click on an article from Polygon - what's it about? 

its about EA creating a netflix service for some of their games.. i dont see how its a bad thing...

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

its about EA creating a netflix service for some of their games.. i dont see how its a bad thing...

It's what MMO's have but now EA does it everyone goes fully retard because they can't do anything but hate on EA without having good arguments.

new game ownership for life $60

5 years @ $30 a year = $150, still have to pay to play ...

are they literally retarded?

Yo soy el hombre murciélago

intentionally retarded

It's what MMO's have but now EA does it everyone goes fully retard because they can't do anything but hate on EA without having good arguments.

Because EA ONLY sell MMO games.....

Since when do I need to pay for career mode on fifa and have my game blocked from use, unless I fork out cash each year to continue enjoying my game? Yes, never.

All this new system is a turd wrapped in icing, lightly dusted with chocolate and presented on a fancy dish, all to squeeze out more cash from the customer.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

I don't see the problem with this, seems like a good deal for people who enjoy EA games, especially the yearly sports games. 

I see no problem with it, most of the time with an EA game I buy it play it for a month or two and then never touch it again. 

CPU: Intel I7-4790k | MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Ram: Corsair Vengance 32GB 1600hz | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Reference

PSU: Corsair EVGA G2 850W  | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB, Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Case: Corsair 760T (White) | Peripherals: (2)Asus VS247H-P, Corsair M65, Corsair K70 RGB w/ Brown Switches

That $30/year gets you access to more than 1 game at a time though. It's an option, if someone doesn't like it, they don't have to use it. But EA is not all of sudden going to stop selling games because they know millions of people simply can not or will not use a subscription based service.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

^^^ My exact thoughts, I don't see how that is a bad thing.

I did not go too much in depth in the article, but I saw that the bad part is that you lose access to all content if you stop paying the subscription, and I'm sitting here going like "But isn't that supposed to be like that? I mean, if you stop paying you WoW subscription, or you eVe online subscription, you lose access to all content, no matter how much you already payed"

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

30$ a year to play any EA game? Sign me up. Or would you rather spend 60$ per game.

Im not sure I understand how it is retarded. You can play multiple games a year for that 30$. If you subscribe for 5 years, you most likely will be able to play a lot of games for 150$ while you would only be able to own 2-3 games the traditional way. (more if you base your arguments on steam sales)

If it works flawlessly, it could be incredible for a lot of people. The problem is for me, I don't buy many EA games already, so I probably won't bother with them anymore if there is no alternatives.