EA Announces Subscription Service

Victorious Secret

Out of respect for this communty I will simply ignore this. It's pointless, you have no notions either of management, scaling businesses and resources (by your logic, scalling a user database makes you raise cost-per-user driving you to lose money LOL, I imagine the loses of Facebook), you can't tell the difference between "content" and "content"... hell you reached the point where you said that the unit of measurement of DLC and Expansion packs are in GB... I mean... I'm speachless - I was being sarcastic and you gave me a answer explaining different sizes lol, when the difference between expansion packs and DLC is the distribution, like I told you before, yet you don't want to aknowlege that.

Thank you jmaster299 to try to make some small effort to clear this conversation, but it's pointless. It's like you are talking to a wall.

Here is my take on the situation with the little knowledge i have of the console market.

I think Sony backed out because it means less money for them. When they sell games for $60, I believe Sony gets $10 from it. With the monthly subscription from EA, I'm sure Sony would be making A LOT less.

Research and Development at Digital Storm

Personal Website: www.DigitalNav.net

A another thread of blind EA hate, I swear these guys could announce a cure for fucking cancer and you lot would still swear up and down that they are Satan incarnate.

Here is my take on the situation with the little knowledge i have of the console market.

I think Sony backed out because it means less money for them. When they sell games for $60, I believe Sony gets $10 from it. With the monthly subscription from EA, I'm sure Sony would be making A LOT less.

Sony backed out because this service would compete directly with Playstation Now when it comes out.

A another thread of blind EA hate, I swear these guys could announce a cure for fucking cancer and you lot would still swear up and down that they are Satan incarnate.

The problem is that this is a step in the wrong direction in my opinion. I really don't see this as a good thing because it's an evil company taking a step towards the TV business model.

I don't want "pay 30 dollars for all your favorite strategy games! Comes with a 7 day trial for our sports game package!" but that's where we are heading, and people are okay with it just because it's becoming hip to like EA.

If EA cured cancer but the cure had the potential to result in something even worse, and EA were deeply involved in the funeral business then I would be very skeptical.

The problem is that this is a step in the wrong direction in my opinion. I really don't see this as a good thing because it's an evil company taking a step towards the TV business model.

I don't want "pay 30 dollars for all your favorite strategy games! Comes with a 7 day trial for our sports game package!" but that's where we are heading, and people are okay with it just because it's becoming hip to like EA.

If EA cured cancer but the cure had the potential to result in something even worse, and EA were deeply involved in the funeral business then I would be very skeptical.

Do you feel the same about Netflix?

Funny how PlayStation Now is not getting this kind of hate. EA's $4.99 a month, $29.99 a year, for 4 games, expanding to more later, looks fantastic next to Sony's prices. $4.99 gets you access to one game for a few hours from Sony, but Sony is blasting EA's service as "not a good value".

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

Funny how PlayStation Now is not getting this kind of hate. EA's $4.99 a month, $29.99 a year, for 4 games, expanding to more later, looks fantastic next to Sony's prices. $4.99 gets you access to one game for a few hours from Sony, but Sony is blasting EA's service as "not a good value".

Well PSN offers more than just games. Not to mention that if you're a long-standing PSN subscriber, your backlog of free games is potentially HUGE. And furthermore, you keep those free games for as long as you subscribe, and even if you unsub, then re-sub, you get all your free games back.

We don't know how the EA sub will work, and whether they will cycle the free games in and out, or simply add to the catalogue.

But, frankly. competition is good! This will potentially have the side-effect of having PSN and XBL increase their value to combat EA subs.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Do you feel the same about Netflix?

Yes

I don't like NetFlix because I can't take the movies with me wherever I want (needs constant Internet access), I dislike it because I have to use their video player instead of my own (I am very specific with my video player config) and I dislike that their selection of movies is so crappy here in Sweden.

One critical difference between a movie and a game is that with a movie you will most likely only watch it once, and for like ~2 hours. The time you spend in a game can range from 5 hours to many many days worth. Movies are inherently more of a "use once and throw away" kind of thing, so I think a subscription model works a bit better for that.

Well PSN offers more than just games. Not to mention that if you're a long-standing PSN subscriber, your backlog of free games is potentially HUGE. And furthermore, you keep those free games for as long as you subscribe, and even if you unsub, then re-sub, you get all your free games back.

We don't know how the EA sub will work, and whether they will cycle the free games in and out, or simply add to the catalogue.

But, frankly. competition is good! This will potentially have the side-effect of having PSN and XBL increase their value to combat EA subs.

PSN and PlayStation Now are two completely different things. PlayStation Now is strictly a pay to play game streaming service where you pay for a few hours, a few days or a month. With all the prices being outrageous expensive. Your PSN account does not get you access to any of those games.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194