Victorious Secret

First i was like

tumblr_lh6ky2POFe1qfu6rm.png

tumblr_lh6kyaTA7C1qfu6rm.jpg

tumblr_lh6kwqPKo81qfu6rm.gif

tumblr_lh6kypALao1qfu6rm.jpg

Then i saw XBONE exclusive. 

tumblr_lhss82SpGL1qdxb5do1_1280.png

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

While now it may sound like a good value.. I wonder how long until games will end up in position of TV channels. Subscribe now $10/month for FPS games pack, $10/month for RPG games pack,... etc. I think that EA is starting something that my hurt gaming undustry. This basicaly means that you dont own anything so it may affect modding on a large scale. I know that now it looks like a good idea but how long until everyone starts doing it.

While now it may sound like a good value.. I wonder how long until games will end up in position of TV channels. Subscribe now $10/month for FPS games pack, $10/month for RPG games pack,... etc. I think that EA is starting something that my hurt gaming undustry. This basicaly means that you dont own anything so it may affect modding on a large scale. I know that now it looks like a good idea but how long until everyone starts doing it.

Yeah it's a good model now....but in 5 years I don't want gaming to end up like this.

5 years later...

EA:

"We are proud to announce our $250 per-year super saver bundle! Play all new and old EA games and receive a 01% discount on all EA content!" and "We are also proud to announce that Battlefield 9 will also be a part of this bundle!" 

Cool idea, but since it's XBOne exclusive; moving on...

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

Please point me to the battlefield 4 mmo with persistent servers? There's a huge difference between a game where a subscription can make sense, like Wow or EVE, and battlefield 4.

So you are looking at a more rich model (since it offers more games), much like World of Warcraft, Lineage 2, AION and many others RPGs - where you pay MONTHLY to play. Blizzard and NCSOFT were awesome for all these years to deliver us with such model, yet when EA gives a shot at it with games that actually make sense to be in such model, they suck?

If you look at franchises such as FIFA, a every-year-release game where there are minor game engine differences from one year to another, yet there are major differences in the content - football players, teams, etc. For those who this things matter, makes complete sense and you don't have to buy a brand new FIFA every year.

Get a grip. At least they are trying to change, unlike Ubisoft where DLC is the way to go.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Yeah it's a good model now....but in 5 years I don't want gaming to end up like this.

5 years later...

EA:

Unless this thing somehow takes off spectacularly (aka makes more money than Valve's current model of digitally distributed games) I don't think we'll see the gaming market turn completely subscription-based. 

Anyway, doesn't GameFly already do a subscription based service? I don't think it's been terribly popular.

So, basically it's a subscription service for butt seks? unwilling buttseks for you to receive from EA

Oh you want multiplayer? well thats an extra 5.99 a year,

AND you want 1080p? well thats another 10.99 a year (and you end up getting a bunch of games that aren't in 1080p)

and then there's DLC charges, multi platform charges, cancellation fees, new game charges.

yes, you shall receive the unwilling buttseks

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

So you pay a subscription for access for the games and then have to buy DLC on top of that?

Personally, I think two tiers

$30 a year - base games

$60 a year - games and all DLC

If EA add around 3 or 4 games a year to the Vault this actually a great way for a poorer family to afford games.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Yep this is what I am afraid of. It could be a good move, but it also has the potential to be the first move towards a horrible horrible business practice. Knowing EA, my guess is that it's the latter.

"If you come across an event that's too good to be true, it's probably poison."

You do realise what will happen, every games publisher will copy this model, then it won't be $5 a month, you'll be paying 5-10 different $5 a month subscriptions.

Not to mention you'll probably only use two or three games at a time, it would be like subbing upto netflix when you only wanted to watch star trek, amazon instant video to only watch stargate, and some other streaming service to only watch big bang theory. Put it in that context then it doesn't look as sweet a deal as people are thinking it is.

Not to mention what happens when a company decides to stop supporting a game, it will probably go poof and not work again.

Beware

EA and Microsoft are like butt buddies now.

This is the beginning of DRM practices for the 9th gen.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

Unless this thing somehow takes off spectacularly (aka makes more money than Valve's current model of digitally distributed games) I don't think we'll see the gaming market turn completely subscription-based. 

Anyway, doesn't GameFly already do a subscription based service? I don't think it's been terribly popular.

Gamefly does, but it's disc based renting and you're only allowed 1-2 games out at a time depending on which tier you pay for.

EA is providing $30 for all the games listed, digitally, each year and more will be added. This is 10x better than anything Gamefly is suggesting.

Honestly, it looks and sounds like a good model, but I'm weary, mainly because it's EA.

Gamefly does, but it's disc based renting and you're only allowed 1-2 games out at a time depending on which tier you pay for.

EA is providing $30 for all the games listed, digitally, each year and more will be added. This is 10x better than anything Gamefly is suggesting.

Honestly, it looks and sounds like a good model, but I'm weary, mainly because it's EA.

This. If steam came out with even 4-5 games on a rotation for 30 bucks a year we'd all be having a damn fit and bowing low to our lord gaben. Its basically what the "dirty console peasants" have been enjoying for a while with there subs to PSN+ and XBL and aside from the the fact that you need the two services to play online and access many of the features its not a horrible deal.  

That being said EA is EA...so..there's that.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

This is like easyhome for games, get out of my life

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Please point me to the battlefield 4 mmo with persistent servers? There's a huge difference between a game where a subscription can make sense, like Wow or EVE, and battlefield 4.

Care to explain why it works on WoW, EVE and wouldn't work for Battlefield4? Because you haven't said your point yet.

Persistent servers in datacenters? There is nothing in battlefield that I can't host on my own computer and have people connect to it and play deathmatch or whatever. Continually paying for a game that's a one off doesn't make sense.

If they want to change battlefield to more like guild wars where they release new maps all the time and fix the netcode and bugs and release stuff until the end of the game, then sure maybe a subscription makes more sense. Right now it doesn't.

Care to explain why it works on WoW, EVE and wouldn't work for Battlefield4? Because you haven't said your point yet.

Huh depending on what gets added there, I could see myself doing this for games on my XB1. 

CPU: Intel I7-4790k | MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Ram: Corsair Vengance 32GB 1600hz | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Reference

PSU: Corsair EVGA G2 850W  | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB, Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Case: Corsair 760T (White) | Peripherals: (2)Asus VS247H-P, Corsair M65, Corsair K70 RGB w/ Brown Switches

Persistent servers in datacenters? There is nothing in battlefield that I can't host on my own computer and have people connect to it and play deathmatch or whatever. Continually paying for a game that's a one off doesn't make sense.

If they want to change battlefield to more like guild wars where they release new maps all the time and fix the netcode and bugs and release stuff until the end of the game, then sure maybe a subscription makes more sense. Right now it doesn't.

What are you talking about?! What does have hosting a server on your computer has to do with a pay-to-play, or subscription like, model? It's a solid model that holded on of the largest play base in the history of games - if it doesn't suit you, don't subscribe! Just as easy as that.

I just don't understand all the drama around this, all I can sense is the same old circle-jerking.

You are all over the place, you couldn't give me on straight answer! You are on NETCODE fixes now! What is wrong with you LOL?!

The hating on EA cricle-jerking is getting really old really fast. EA has been doing a lot of things to redeem themselves and everybody just wants to curb stomp them into the ground before even giving them a chance. The worst part about it is that if it were Valve that did this you'd all be praising how great an idea it is. At least EA is trying new business models and experimenting, which is much better than never changing. If you want to see how never changing works out just look at the major music labels over the past 10 years. How about we just wait and see how it pans out before we crucify EA, no?

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

The hating on EA cricle-jerking is getting really old really fast. EA has been doing a lot of things to redeem themselves and everybody just wants to curb stomp them into the ground before even giving them a chance. The worst part about it is that if it were Valve that did this you'd all be praising how great an idea it is. At least EA is trying new business models and experimenting, which is much better than never changing. If you want to see how never changing works out just look at the major music labels over the past 10 years. How about we just wait and see how it pans out before we crucify EA, no?

It's because they're EA, they've earned their reputation 100 times over, and it will be a COLD DAY IN HELL before people trust them again, they have a reputation of extending a hand, and then stabbing whatever reaches out to shake it.

This is what will happen:

This sort of subscription based service will become the norm, eventually the idea that you "own" your game (which you dont by the way, you own a license to use it in certain ways, read you EULA) will vanish, and we will be stuck with a system of "rent" only, and there wont be any ability to mod, and there won't be ANY incentive to make good games at all, because regardless of what they put out, you have to pay $XX.XX per year to play ANY of it, so in the end, they come out on top and you get the unwelcome buttseks as I stated earlier. then people will get fed up with it and BAM, ET the extra terrestrial all over again.

This is over all, a terrible idea, REGARDLESS of who offers it.

It's because they're EA, they've earned their reputation 100 times over, and it will be a COLD DAY IN HELL before people trust them again, they have a reputation of extending a hand, and then stabbing whatever reaches out to shake it.

This sort of subscription based service will become the norm, eventually the idea that you "own" your game (which you dont by the way, you own a license to use it in certain ways, read you EULA) will vanish, and we will be stuck with a system of "rent" only, and there wont be any ability to mod, and there won't be ANY incentive to make good games at all, because regardless of what they put out, you have to pay $XX.XX per year to play ANY of it, so in the end, they come out on top and you get the unwelcome buttseks as I stated earlier.

That's not completely true though. Other companies make bad decisions but don't get nearly the same amount of hate spewed at them like EA does. The internet should be revolting against Valve for abandoning the Half Life series, yet they get a free pass on almost everything. For the last 7 years, the majority of "Valve" games were not even developed by Valve. They other contracted them out to 3rd parties, or bought out 3rd parties that were already in the middle of developing a game. Those deals have not always worked out well for the companies being bought out, and all the Turtle Rock employees abandoned Valve to reform their own company again as soon as their contracts allowed them to. But they lost all rights to the L4D franchise that they originally created.

Valve also changed STEAM from a great, but simple, digital retailer platform into the Candy Crush of the PC world. The focus more on enticing you into buying sub $5 games that you'll either play once or never play at all. They reinforce that with the trading card and badge crafting systems. Then to top it off they cap the size of your friend's list based on your STEAM Level, and the only way to raise that level is by crafting more badges. People make excuses for Valve doing that all the time, but if Origin had done it first, people would be lighting their torches and sharpening their pitchforks. 

I'm not saying EA is innocent, but they do receive an unfair amount of hate compared to what companies like Valve are allowed to get away with. Also, just an FYI, but you don't actually own any of your STEAM games either. Take the time to read the STEAM Subscriber Agreement, you are granted a limited license to access the content you pay for. A license that can be revoked at any time and for any reason.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

That's not completely true though. Other companies make bad decisions but don't get nearly the same amount of hate spewed at them like EA does. The internet should be revolting against Valve for abandoning the Half Life series, yet they get a free pass on almost everything. For the last 7 years, the majority of "Valve" games were not even developed by Valve. They other contracted them out to 3rd parties, or bought out 3rd parties that were already in the middle of developing a game. Those deals have not always worked out well for the companies being bought out, and all the Turtle Rock employees abandoned Valve to reform their own company again as soon as their contracts allowed them to. But they lost all rights to the L4D franchise that they originally created.

Valve also changed STEAM from a great, but simple, digital retailer platform into the Candy Crush of the PC world. The focus more on enticing you into buying sub $5 games that you'll either play once or never play at all. They reinforce that with the trading card and badge crafting systems. Then to top it off they cap the size of your friend's list based on your STEAM Level, and the only way to raise that level is by crafting more badges. People make excuses for Valve doing that all the time, but if Origin had done it first, people would be lighting their torches and sharpening their pitchforks. 

I'm not saying EA is innocent, but they do receive an unfair amount of hate compared to what companies like Valve are allowed to get away with. Also, just an FYI, but you don't actually own any of your STEAM games either. Take the time to read the STEAM Subscriber Agreement, you are granted a limited license to access the content you pay for. A license that can be revoked at any time and for any reason.

I don't know of any valve games I've actually purchased other than half life and portal so :\ And I never really liked steam in the first place. Although I am excited to see how SteamOS goes, just because of the thought that consoles get wrecked by it (I'm hoping)

I just know this, EA has ruined everything they've touched, swtor could have been so much more than it was, but EA, Battlefield 3 and 4 speak for themselves, being the CoD'ed up nightmares that they are (in the hopes of stealing away CoD fans, which true battlefield fans didn't want in the first place because we hate the average CoD players that bellyflop everywhere and noob tube half way across the map).

Not to mention the whole "consoles are years ahead of pc's in the gaming world" statement. That right there shows me nothing but outright contempt from EA. Which is why, as hard as it will be for me since I enjoyed it, I will not be buying battlefield hardline (unless it ends up being the Bad Company replacement, because I loved bad company).

EA has more than earned the hatred they recieve, look what they did to ME3, they rushed it out, and as a result ruined it. Right now I can't think of hardly ANY games that I actually, truly, thoroughly enjoy.

I will be saving my money to make my system ready and able for Star Citizen, until then, unless it's something I really want, I won't be buying any games.

also because i'm broke but still, get wrecked EA

This sort of subscription based service will become the norm, eventually the idea that you "own" your game (which you dont by the way, you own a license to use it in certain ways, read you EULA) will vanish, and we will be stuck with a system of "rent" only, and there wont be any ability to mod, and there won't be ANY incentive to make good games at all, because regardless of what they put out, you have to pay $XX.XX per year to play ANY of it, so in the end, they come out on top and you get the unwelcome buttseks as I stated earlier. then people will get fed up with it and BAM, ET the extra terrestrial all over again.

If it's bad then all people have to do is not pay for it and it will go away. Just look how much Microsoft turned back on their Xbox One plans originally. People weren't going to pay for it so Microsoft changed it. The same will happen with this service, if people don't like it they won't pay for it and it will go away.

Also, you never have and never will "own" software. You have always been sold a license not to mention they already can "revoke" games you have purchased. Steam and Origin and the like can already do that.

EA changed their CEO I think it was two or so years ago so it's not like it's the same guy telling us things now as it was before. What has EA done in the last 2 years that was absurdly bad other than releasing a game before it was ready?

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit