EA Announces Subscription Service

Victorious Secret

2369155-construction_1p_1920x1080.jpg

This is actually a reasonably priced deal and it makes a lot of sense, especially if they start rolling in more games into the service. Sounds crazy, but I like it. Subscription based gaming giving you access to a library of games to play at your whim. 30 bucks a year for what looks like having the more recent if not the latest games in a series? Dare I say its even approaching the "good value" territory as far as subscription services go. 

Today, EA revealed EA Access, an Xbox One-exclusive subscription service that grants players access to EA's so-called Vault.

Subscribing to EA Access will cost $4.99 a month (or $29.99 a year), and since the program is technically in beta, only four games will initially be available: FIFA 14Madden NFL 25Peggle 2, and Battlefield 4, "with more titles being added soon."

Additionally, EA Access will also net subscribers 10 percent discounts on all EA digital content, which includes full games and DLC, as well as access to trials of new EA games nearly a week before they come out (with saves that copy over to the final game, should you choose to purchase it later). Games that will be eligible for early access and save copy-over are Madden NFL 15, NHL 15, FIFA 15, NBA Live 15, and Dragon Age: Inquisition.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/07/29/ea-announces-subscription-service-on-xbox-one-ea-access

Damn, that's actually very low priced. GG EA.

EDIT: Xbone exclusive... :/

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

"XB1 exclusive"

...right.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

So... No PC?

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Awesome i was going to buy fifa 14 for $40 and i want madden too but i already have bf4 :S

And how is this good value. It's better to just buy the game outright after playing a demo to see if you like it or not.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

This is actually a reasonably priced deal and it makes a lot of sense, especially if they start rolling in more games into the service. Sounds crazy, but I like it. Subscription based gaming giving you access to a library of games to play at your whim. 30 bucks a year for what looks like having the more recent if not the latest games in a series? Dare I say its even approaching the "good value" territory as far as subscription services go.

Aye, if it was done by any other fucking company I'd be willing to test it out. But it's EA we're talking here they will find at least 5 separate ways to completely fuck it up

-------

Current Rig

-------

And how is this good value. It's better to just buy the game outright after playing a demo to see if you like it or not.

30 dollars a year for access to those 4 games now. With who knows how many more (maybe even latest releases) down the line. How is that a bad thing? 5 bucks for one month to have a chomp at all those games (full versions to boot) to get a better feel than any demo would ever allow? Or hell, 5 bucks a month because you're effectively renting games again. 

Say you want 4 of those games. Thats 100 bucks or so. Or 5 for one month. Or 30 for a year. Value sides with EA on this one...

Can we stop the mindless EA hate train, shit got annoying MONTHS ago

Who are they going to hate if they can't crap on EA to make their lives look better? 

I was about to go and buy this, then xbone exclusive >:ccccc

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Can we stop the mindless EA hate train, shit got annoying MONTHS Years ago

This. It's the beginning steps of increasing per use cost and control over a buyers rights.

Surely you all see the trap here?

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

30 a year?

It's 5 a month...

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

Surely you all see the trap here?

You lost me at EA

This. It's the beginning steps of increasing per use cost and control over a buyers rights.

So you are looking at a more rich model (since it offers more games), much like World of Warcraft, Lineage 2, AION and many others RPGs - where you pay MONTHLY to play. Blizzard and NCSOFT were awesome for all these years to deliver us with such model, yet when EA gives a shot at it with games that actually make sense to be in such model, they suck?

If you look at franchises such as FIFA, a every-year-release game where there are minor game engine differences from one year to another, yet there are major differences in the content - football players, teams, etc. For those who this things matter, makes complete sense and you don't have to buy a brand new FIFA every year.

Get a grip. At least they are trying to change, unlike Ubisoft where DLC is the way to go.

4.99 x 12 = 59.88. 29.99/12 = 2.4991666666666666666666666666667 . . . . . .

^^ Wins at Math

I don't know about that. We've had Netflix available for about what - 15 years, already? A subscription service for entertainment doesn't inherently mean the customer will get screwed.

I don't know about that. We've had Netflix available for about what - 15 years, already? A subscription service for entertainment doesn't inherently mean the customer will get screwed.

World of warcraft, Lineage, AION. If you want I can make a list of successfull games who use this model and have a huge player base.

So you are looking at a more rich model (since it offers more games), much like World of Warcraft, Lineage 2, AION and many others RPGs - where you pay MONTHLY to play.

Yeah... But I don't play those games, so...

And it's not so much that EA is bad for offering something like this. They're bad for plenty of other things, none of which I should have to rehash.