Rust's Garry Newman responds to Riftlight announcement backlash: "the more things we're working on the better"

Bloodyvalley

Just buy it... its an entertaining game, unless YOU are bothered by the fact that they are making another game, not just because other people on the internet are.

They are fixing bugs at a good pace, listening to player feedback, and have creative ideas. I see nothing wrong with what they are doing.

Developing an other game allows for so many good things.

More creativity between the projects, more codebase to choose from, more experience to apply to Rust, etc.

Don't believe - and base your opinions off - everything you read.

"I was just about to buy Rust on the humble store with bitcoins and this happens"

my new sig

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

"I think it's safe to assume that for every action, there is at least one person on the internet angry about it. For instance, I ate a cheese, ham and pickle sandwich for lunch, and can only imagine that my decision has already sent someone into an incandescent fury."

Best fucking quote EVER

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I was just about to buy Rust on the humble store with bitcoins and this happens

I actually never did believe in this game.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/07/28/rusts-garry-newman-responds-to-riftlight-announcement-backlash-the-more-things-were-working-on-the-better/

Maybe you should read this....

http://www.facepunchstudios.com/2014/07/28/adam-cancelled-rust/

Aren't they redoing Rust, and everyone who's bought the game already gets the new one? I'm cool with that.

I'm still waiting for something like rust or dayz, but SINGLEPLAYER

So tired of dying 5 minutes after spawning, regardless of where I spawn. The last time I knelt down to pick up some beans, got beaten to death by fists immediately

I'm still waiting for something like rust or dayz, but SINGLEPLAYER

So tired of dying 5 minutes after spawning, regardless of where I spawn. The last time I knelt down to pick up some beans, got beaten to death by fists immediately

Dying Light may be the closest thing coming out - that I know of anyways.

Well the man does have a point, its not like they cannot work on 2 games at once, AS LONG as rust is not effected by this whats the harm?

Once a game gets to a certain point I imagine certain people have nothing to do

"I think it's safe to assume that for every action, there is at least one person on the internet angry about it. For instance, I ate a cheese, ham and pickle sandwich for lunch, and can only imagine that my decision has already sent someone into an incandescent fury."

Best fucking quote EVER

Yeah that was amazing I regret reading it and almost pissing myself laughing in the middle of the office ><

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I enjoy Rust even the old version they still have live. The new version they are working on has made amazing progress, you can follow the dev blogs at http://playrust.com/

The fact he is working on another game doesn't matter you have no idea how many people he has working on 1 or the other. He himself might be involved in both and so might some senior people but still common?

Reminds me of all the shit Dean Hall took about DayZ and when he said he was going to move onto something else as well.

Anyway the fact is you pay for a early access on Rust OR DayZ you have to accept that it's not a finished game or polished in anyway and probably no where near close to release.

I was just about to buy Rust on the humble store with bitcoins and this happens

I actually never did believe in this game.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/07/28/rusts-garry-newman-responds-to-riftlight-announcement-backlash-the-more-things-were-working-on-the-better/

Saw this a while ago =p

TbXmn8DLRjeTsB5OAuFC_Untitled455654.png

3700x, Asus B450i, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB, Gigabyte GTX 970 ITXDan A4-SFX, SX600-G, 120mm AIO.

Well the man does have a point, its not like they cannot work on 2 games at once, AS LONG as rust is not effected by this whats the harm?

Once a game gets to a certain point I imagine certain people have nothing to do

Yeah that was amazing I regret reading it and almost pissing myself laughing in the middle of the office ><

Then whatever you do, don't try to get away with watching mock the week a work

Then whatever you do, don't try to get away with watching mock the week a work

Yeah I try not to haha, I limited my headphone use to music only and not funny music either

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Saw this a while ago =p

-misleading image-

Yeah...No. There's a million things wrong with AAA publishers but the one thing is right is division of labour and other resources. Do not get me wrong, they still fuck it up, but their "bad" is infinitely better than random indie dev hipster studio that knows nothing about budgeting or resource management. 

However the real pet peeve here is that they charge for a fucking beta: This is why early access should never be supported or kickstarts for that matter, because no matter how many times you state it otherwise, in both cases people that contributed money will feel entitled to question this kind of decisions. I mean if big time studios like Gearbox can (allegedly) embezzle money meant for game A to just dump it into game B is not really a big leap of faith to assume that indie studios with no financial responsibilities to any of their backers will either do the same or never actually complete a single fucking game and just keep releasing lazy, half done games as early access since they're allowed to sell incomplete shit now.

-------

Current Rig

-------