Need help finding a new mouse

Tomzuki

So after about 4 years of valiant service, my mouse is starting to cripple. The rubber grip on the mouse wheel is starting to spin on it's own when I'm scrolling. I know from experience that soon I will hardly be able to scroll at all, since the exact same thing happened my previous mouse. I guess it's pretty hard to fix the scroll wheel with super glue etc. and I think it's about time for a new mouse anyways.

At the moment I'm using a CM Storm Sentinel Z3RO-G (same as the Advance II, but it came with Shattered Horizons). The previous mouse I had was a Razer Salmosa and as I said the same problem occured with that one. I guess that pretty much every mouse with a rubber scroll wheel grip will eventually have the same problem since the glue between the plastic and the rubber will wear out over time. 

So my question is, do you guys have any mice to recommend for me. I would like to try out a mouse with a scroll wheel made from a single material (no rubber grip, just metal/plastic etc., preferably metal or metal like material). Also, if you guys think that I'm asking for too much, feel free to suggest a mouse with an otherwise solid scroll wheel. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't a gaming mouse with that kind of scroll wheel since almost everything seems to have a rubber grip on them. Again, I guess it's totally fine for me to have to change a mouse every 4 years :D.

I don't need a feature-rich mouse. I mainly play casual games and some FPS games. So no need for 20 programmable buttons. I just want the mouse to look nice and feel comfortable in hand (though I'm not sure if that's the case with a scroll wheel made from a hard material :D). Macros and LED's would be nice, but not absolutely necessary. Also, if it helps you at all my grip style is a Fingertip grip.

My budget would be around 70€ max.

Thanks for any help beforehand though it's probably highly unlikely you will find a mouse like I described.

MX518 MASTER RACE, but since it is $125 on amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Performance-Optical-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B0007Z1M50) I would highly recommend the G400s http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-G400s-Optical-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B00BCEK2LA

The Corsair vengeance M65 is also a good choice.

CPU: i5-3570K GPU: Sapphire R9 280X Vapor OC MOBO: Asus P8Z77-M RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 16GB. PSU: Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 7 rev 2 

SSD: 1x Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120GB, 1x Crucial M4 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB

ok the best mice to look at are as follows

G400s

G502

Mionix 7000 avior or naos

or possibly Razers blackadder, but this one is easily 4th on the list, rest of the list is NOT in any order

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

Thanks for the suggestions!

I don't really like the look of the Logitech mice apart from the new G502 Proteus Core, which might be a worthy choice. The Corsair M65 also looks like a nice one, like you said.

Thanks for the suggestions!

I don't really like the look of the Logitech mice apart from the new G502 Proteus Core, which might be a worthy choice. The Corsair M65 also looks like a nice one, like you said.

I've been using the G502 since it launched last spring, and it's great. Before this mouse I used a Logitech g9x, and it lasted around 4 years. 

Logitech has always been a reliable peripheral company for me, and their support service is great in case anything goes wrong.

Seems like the Logitech G502 is one of the only mice available that has a full metal scroll wheel (correct me if I'm wrong).

I came to think that maybe a mouse wheel like this:

DSC_8746.gif

Would hold on better than one like this:

DSC_0937.jpg

Honestly, at the moment it seems like the G502 is my best choice from what is available in stores.

Just rewatched Linus' video on the G502 and he pointed out that the metal scroll wheel isn't so good after all since it's slippery by it's nature. So have any of you experienced the same thing Linus pointed out when using the G502? Maybe I'm just better off forgetting the wish for a metal scroll wheel...

PS: Logitech JUST (literally minutes ago :lol:) posted a teaser of a new G-Series mouse coming out soon!

Linus hates it, Luke really likes it. 

I personally think it's the most solid scroll wheel I've used. It doesn't catch grime and dust like the rubber ones do over time. Very easy to keep clean. 

G502 has the best heyperscroll wheel to date. I've never felt it be slippery because of the very defined surface.

I have a G502 and the mouse is great! The scroll whell is a bit slippery but once your get used to it, you compensate and ajust.

† TTCF Member † Jesus loves you! Have a good day and stay techie!

Thanks for sharing your experiences with the G502. It seems to me that there are two kinds of people when it's comes to this mouse: Those who absolutely love everything about it, and those who absolutely hate the scroll wheel but love the mouse otherwise. I guess the slipperiness depends on the grip style of the user or something. Also, I assume it will get very slippery if you are eating something greasy, like potato chips etc., so I guess it's highly inadvisable to eat anything when using this mouse in particular.

Some people also really hate the position of the "sniper" button. From my experience its people who claw the mouse more than palm it for the most part.

If you search around I do have a partial review up some where kinda. I should really finish it as well I think it has a bunch of important things that should be known.

The teaser must be a reference to the g402 discussed here:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1490134/logitech-g402-or-just-random-concept-images

Also don't hesitate on bying the g502, it has the best sensor in the market right now. If you don't like the gimmicky buttons such as the sniper button you can disable them at any time,which you should do imo as it renders useless your muscle memory