I find gaming on PC Uncomfortable.

Cy-Fy

Hey guys, well if you read my signature you'll see that I have a basic laptop. However I also have a PS3 and I have gamed on it for about 6 years now so I'm really used to the controllers.

So the other day I was trying to play one of those free-to-play chrome based shooters and I found that I was crap at them! I couldn't get comfortable with syncing both my hands and I always ended up pressing wrong keys on the keyboard. However I also remember that before I had my PS3 I used to play FIFA on an old Desktop PC and it was awesome but now I'm crap and don't feel comfortable playing on my laptop.

Could my problem be that I haven't played for a long time on PC? or could it be that playing on a proper keyboard (in a Desktop PC) is always more comfortable and that's why I don't feel good?

Thanks very much for your help guys, I hope I can enjoy playing games on Windows again :) (Of course my laptop's specs would probably run Counter Strike in Low at 5 fps but I'm ok with that hahaha :P)

Dell XPS 15 9560 - Nikon Z5 - Galaxy S10+

The same effect would happen if i tried to only play on consoles, its a get used to thing.

it took me like 2-3 weeks to re-adapt myself after i had a sabbath PC year on the xbox360.

Look over your computer desk/chair and how you sit, i normally want to sit with a straight back.

you will get used it by practice and especially patience!

i used to play PS2 like a maniac for tons of hours but got bored of the pixelated graphics and switched to PC finally and found games on it visually more detailed and perfectly textured and the ability to maximize the resolution! i didn't want to buy PS3 or X360 because it's impossible to mod games and hack through them to change many things! :)

Most games allow xbox controllers to be used.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

or could it be that playing on a proper keyboard (in a Desktop PC) is always more comfortable and that's why I don't feel good?

That's it. 

My first PC game that I beat was Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare on a crappy Compaq laptop with a fricking touchpad. I beat it. It was hell, but I beat it. 

I would get a cheap $10 keyboard+mouse combo and attach those to your laptop only when you want to play games. It makes it soooooo much better.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Don't even think about touching your controller. You're probably not used to it because the precision and ability to control from a PC is much better than compared to a controller (though input sensitivity is where controllers win)

It took me a while to get used to KBM over controller on FPS, but compared to controller I can pull off much classier stuff and quicker compared to my old lelbox360

KBM is superior for everything but racing games, I was really uncomfortable at first but once you get used to it, it's miles better.

I tried using a console the other day and found myself extremely disoriented and looked like one of those "stops to aim" people. Don't even try touching an N64 controller or something at this point.

Error: 410

Are you trying to play games on a laptop keyboard with a touch pad? That isn't a good idea for starters. When i started PC gaming i was terrible with a mouse and keyboard but after a few weeks i found it superior in every way for FPS games. Just give it a few weeks you'll find it fine then.

Simple Stryker (Now Finished  ;) )

The Terrible HP

It took 6 years to get as comfortable as you are with your PS3.  What makes you think it will take less time to get that comfortable with another setup?

It will probably take more time as you have to re-learn your moves especially with FPS and quick reaction times.

KBM is superior for everything but racing games.

Fighting games, platformers, flight sims... 

Fighting games, platformers, flight sims...

Fighting games yes, keyboard and mouse is better for platformers and flight sims IMO.

Error: 410

Don't even think about touching your controller. You're probably not used to it because the precision and ability to control from a PC is much better than compared to a controller (though input sensitivity is where controllers win)

It took me a while to get used to KBM over controller on FPS, but compared to controller I can pull off much classier stuff and quicker compared to my old lelbox360

Controller is ok for certain games.  I play Titanfall on an Xbox controller and I am beast.  I play battlefield and TF2 on KBM.  It just depends on the range of movement and the number of key commands.  If a shooter has enough buttons to accommodate the commands, then I'll use it, unless I need to be hella precise.  RTS games I'm strictly KBM.

The same effect would happen if i tried to only play on consoles, its a get used to thing.

it took me like 2-3 weeks to re-adapt myself after i had a sabbath PC year on the xbox360.

Look over your computer desk/chair and how you sit, i normally want to sit with a straight back.

thanks very much for the reply! I guess I'll start to play right away. BTW what games do you recommend to get used to it? maybe an FPS? (I know it's a basic pc's specs but I would still like to play something on onboard graphics:P))

you will get used it by practice and especially patience!

i used to play PS2 like a maniac for tons of hours but got bored of the pixelated graphics and switched to PC finally and found games on it visually more detailed and perfectly textured and the ability to maximize the resolution! i didn't want to buy PS3 or X360 because it's impossible to mod games and hack through them to change many things! :)

Thanks very much man! I will definitely start playing some pc games! Are there any low-demanding games that you recommend? (especially because I only have onboard graphics)

That's it. 

My first PC game that I beat was Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare on a crappy Compaq laptop with a fricking touchpad. I beat it. It was hell, but I beat it. 

I would get a cheap $10 keyboard+mouse combo and attach those to your laptop only when you want to play games. It makes it soooooo much better.

hahaha man that's so awesome!! I will take that advice and I may buy one of those combos although I already have a wireless logitech mouse which is really enough for what I need I think. Thanks!

KBM is superior for everything but racing games, I was really uncomfortable at first but once you get used to it, it's miles better.

I tried using a console the other day and found myself extremely disoriented and looked like one of those "stops to aim" people. Don't even try touching an N64 controller or something at this point.

Thanks very much for the advice man! I am going to consider to start playing on pc, however you can see that my laptop's specs are not the best, but are there any games that you would recommend that would run okay-ish on onboard graphics? Thanks again :D

Are you trying to play games on a laptop keyboard with a touch pad? That isn't a good idea for starters. When i started PC gaming i was terrible with a mouse and keyboard but after a few weeks i found it superior in every way for FPS games. Just give it a few weeks you'll find it fine then.

No no no no no I have a wireless logitech mouse so that's o problem. The only problem is finding games that would just run on onboard graphics hehe

thanks very much for the reply! I guess I'll start to play right away. BTW what games do you recommend to get used to it? maybe an FPS? (I know it's a basic pc's specs but I would still like to play something on onboard graphics:P))

Fastest way is to play twitch shooters like Counter strike and similar, where brain to hand dexterity is demanding.

@Cy-Fy

there are many low-demanding games for integrated GPU like Intel HD graphics series and some other dedicated ones like AMD and NVIDIA latest series! 

GRID Autosport is an amazing racing games, it's not that simulation, it's arcadish and you will get used to it through time! it runs perfect in 720p on intel hd 3000; i tested it, it's quite smooth if you lower down details!

Counter-Strike Global Offensive, best known fps game so far as it is enjoyable if you can reach above 60 fps for more gaming experience also it needs a decent internet speed!

Left 4 Dead

STALKER Lost Alpha mod, if you like the series, it's legally downloadable on torrents!

1406672739-gridautosport-avx-2014-07-29-

1406672748-gridautosport-avx-2014-07-29-

1406672744-gridautosport-avx-2014-07-29-

1406672748-gridautosport-avx-2014-07-29-

1406672672-gridautosport-avx-2014-07-29-

1406672672-gridautosport-avx-2014-07-29-

1406672818-gridautosport-avx-2014-07-29-

1406672819-gridautosport-avx-2014-07-29-

similar specs as yours i get:

min= 25FPS

avg= 30FPS

max= 60FPS

not bad for an intel hd 3000M because CM always does an excellent job at optimizing their games and they still look beautiful, that's the art of gaming! 

similar specs as yours i get:

min= 25FPS

avg= 30FPS

max= 60FPS

not bad for an intel hd 3000M because CM always does an excellent job at optimizing their games and they still look beautiful, that's the art of gaming! 

What game is that? I am actually surprised to see Yas Marina at night in a game. 

CPU: Intel I7-4790k | MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Ram: Corsair Vengance 32GB 1600hz | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Reference

PSU: Corsair EVGA G2 850W  | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB, Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Case: Corsair 760T (White) | Peripherals: (2)Asus VS247H-P, Corsair M65, Corsair K70 RGB w/ Brown Switches

What game is that? I am actually surprised to see Yas Marina at night in a game. 

GRID Autosport :)

@Cy-Fy

there are many low-demanding games for integrated GPU like Intel HD graphics series and some other dedicated ones like AMD and NVIDIA latest series!

GRID Autosport is an amazing racing games, it's not that simulation, it's arcadish and you will get used to it through time! it runs perfect in 720p on intel hd 3000; i tested it, it's quite smooth if you lower down details!

Counter-Strike Global Offensive, best known fps game so far as it is enjoyable if you can reach above 60 fps for more gaming experience also it needs a decent internet speed!

Left 4 Dead

STALKER Lost Alpha mod, if you like the series, it's legally downloadable on torrents!

thanks very much man, that next post of yours is awesome, the pictures look beautiful!! Although I'va just one problem: I thought racing games were not good to play on mouse and keyboard, what do you think?

BTW the graphics are not bad t all, they look just about the same as my ps3, if not better hehehe

thanks very much man, that next post of yours is awesome, the pictures look beautiful!! Although I'va just one problem: I thought racing games were not good to play on mouse and keyboard, what do you think?

BTW the graphics are not bad t all, they look just about the same as my ps3, if not better hehehe

controller is slightly better than keyboard because your fingers get somehow crooked over time! :lol:

IMHO wheel is the best racing controller to find yourself comfortable while playing racing games!  

you'll get used to it after some time. just keep on playing. i managed to play on a laptop for about 4-5 months before getting my rig and i adjusted to it. 

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

That's it. 

+Respect

It took me a little bit to feel comfy with MKB over a controller, but playing new game types helped a bunch. I played a lot of Dota2 on integrated Ivy Bridge graphics and by the time I built a rig and had some other games to play, I felt right at home. Since you simply cannot play a MOBA on a controller, it was a painless switch when I decided to step over to cross-platform games.

My PC sits in my living room so all my gaming is "couch" gaming; this made it feel more console-like and the added versatility of having a full blown PC behind whatever game I'm playing is great!