Dolphin 4.0 Low Fps Fix?

YellowMenace

I've been trying to set up Dolphin 4.0 and play some good old Metal Arms, but every time the framerate goes from 60 to 5 and usually hovers around 20. I've seen people play more intensive wii games on weaker hardware than mine. Specs in sig, of course. Changing the resolution up until x1.5 doesn't change prerformance, so I'm guessing it's my CPU holding it back, yet, like I said, I've seen worse hardware do so much better.

Anybody know of a way on boosting fps?

CPU: AMD FX 8320e | Mobo: Gigabyte GA‑78LMT‑USB3 | Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper n520 | RAM: 8Gb @ 1333MHz

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 mITX | PSU: Antec HCG 520w | Storage: Sandisk 120GB - WD Red 1TB | Case: Modded IBM A50 sleeper

All displayed on an AOC I2421VWH

Have you looked through video settings?

Have you looked through video settings?

Yep, they look like this;

mMFObto.png

CPU: AMD FX 8320e | Mobo: Gigabyte GA‑78LMT‑USB3 | Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper n520 | RAM: 8Gb @ 1333MHz

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 mITX | PSU: Antec HCG 520w | Storage: Sandisk 120GB - WD Red 1TB | Case: Modded IBM A50 sleeper

Only tried simulator with table tennis ,and can't play game without wii controlor .

The only game that's playable is Animal Crossing. Not to impressive since it's pretty much a N64 game.

Tinkering yielded no results.

When playing games like metal arms, I get sudden drops to around 5 fps for like 5 or so seconds and then it goes back to 33 fps. The cores that the emulation are running from are not under that much load.

I've been trying to set up Dolphin 4.0 and play some good old Metal Arms, but every time the framerate goes from 60 to 5 and usually hovers around 20. I've seen people play more intensive wii games on weaker hardware than mine. Specs in sig, of course. Changing the resolution up until x1.5 doesn't change prerformance, so I'm guessing it's my CPU holding it back, yet, like I said, I've seen worse hardware do so much better.

Anybody know of a way on boosting fps?

https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=Performance_Guide

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

Been playing thru Super Mario Galaxy 2 on Dolphin. Here is a couple things I found that helped me.

First you might want to try the latest dev version. It can be used sided by sided with 4.0.2 as far as I can tell. Just put it in a folder on your desktop or something. They have made several big updates but to do some more stuff before they do a new real release.

https://dolphin-emu.org/download/

Open the Nvidia Control Panel. Go to manage 3D settings and find Dolphin. Scroll down to Power Management Mode, set it to "Prefer Maximum Performance"

In the settings set the video back end to opengl. It works much better for nvidia videocards.

Before I did the second one my gpu was staying in low power mode, running at a few hundred mhz.