3DS XL?

GuideMe002

Right now i want to buy 3DS XL because of the upcoming 2014 games? So guys what can you say does 3ds xl is worth buying this year?

Equality doesn't mean Justice.

Right now i want to buy 3DS XL because of the upcoming 2014 games? So guys what can you say does 3ds xl is worth buying this year?

Yeah IMO it was worth it from day 1, there are some great games on that system if nintendo games are your thing

I regret selling mine and intent to pick up another, its the first gaming device I have ever sold and I feel bad :(

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

just get a normal 3Ds, they're cheap as shit lol.

im waiting for the new pokemon games :D after that il probably throw it away rofl

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

Yeah, it's worth it imo. One of the few consoles on the market I can say is worth it at the moment. If you want to spare some money you can go for the standard version, the only difference is the screen size. Or even a 2ds, it's even cheaper and runs all the same games except it lacks 3d, which personally I'd tend to keep off anyway.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

@GuideMe002 I recently put a review of mine on the forum. Check it out if you like! http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/179711-nintendo-3ds-xl-review/

If you don't want to read it, I basically said that it was what the original 3DS should have been. It's only worth getting if you get it secondhand though, I can't really justify the new buying price.

| My first build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/117400-my-very-first-build/ | Build for my friend's 18th: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/168660-pc-for-my-friends-18th-with-pictures-complete/ |

ATH-M50X Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/165934-review-audio-technica-ath-m50-x/ | Nintendo 3DS XL Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/179711-nintendo-3ds-xl-review/ | Game Capture Guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186547-ultimate-guide-to-recording-your-gameplay/

Case: Corsair 200R CPU: i5 4670K @ 3.4GHz RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600MHz C9 Mobo: GIGABYTE Z87-HD3 GPU: MSI R9 290 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO PSU: EVGA 750W Storage: 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD Display: Dell U2212HM OS: Windows 8

the XL is marginally better than the regular 3DS, I can attest to this.

Whether it's a good buy depends on your taste in games. There's a lot of good RPG's, Puzzlers and Fighters currently, with more coming out.

The 3DS library is mostly casual, and may lack whatever type of game you like to play, so check out the library.

In my opinion, yes the 3DS XL is a good buy.

Yes its worth it. Just a heads up in average size adult male hand the normal 3DS is too small. The 2DS hower fits just about everyone due to its well thought out ergonomics.

Yes, but I only play Pokemon on it.

I have one coming in the mail tomorrow! I decided it was worth based on the RPGs.

This thing has 2 Etrian Odyssey games (and possibly a third incoming soon (rumors)), Persona Q comes out this fall, Shin Megami Tensei 4, Fire Emblem (forget which one), Bravely Default, KH 3D, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, and omg so many gamz

Also there's New Super Mario Bros 2 (sidescroller), Super Mario 3D Land, Super Smash Bros 3DS (coming soon), and all kinds of other good stuff. It's got everything, the Vita has nothing (except Persona 4 Golden). Definitely worth a buy right now.

Git Gud.

Yes, but I only play Pokemon on it.

What why? There are tons of good games that I don't yet own sadly.

I got a 2DS and am very happy with it. However, I mainly play Pokemon and random RPG games; I don't know how good Super Smash Bros would be.

If you can buy it in the US, you can get Nintendo's refurbished 3DS XL units for only $15 more than a new 2DS. Epic deal.

Git Gud.

Man, one of my friends has a 3DS XL... the pixel density on that thing is like.... three.

"Rawr XD"

Man, one of my friends has a 3DS XL... the pixel density on that thing is like.... three.

This is true, but the graphics on any portable game console these days are gonna be terrible. Really you buy these things for games, not specs. Pretend it's the early 2000s again xD

Git Gud.

This is true, but the graphics on any portable game console these days are gonna be terrible. Really you buy these things for games, not specs. Pretend it's the early 2000s again xD

PS Vita graphics tho

"Rawr XD"

I got a 2DS and am very happy with it. However, I mainly play Pokemon and random RPG games; I don't know how good Super Smash Bros would be.

Hey 2DS bro *high five*

PS Vita graphics tho

sure but games?

I was a former Sony fanboy and I would have defended the Vita to my grave. But...

Sony seems to hate the Vita more than the consumers do. Where are the games? Except for Persona 4 Golden of course...

Git Gud.

And they told us it looked stupid!It Kinda does
Lol which is fine. I fond its really comfy though i give the guy who did the ergonomics props.
sure but games?I was a former Sony fanboy and I would have defended the Vita to my grave. But...Sony seems to hate the Vita more than the consumers do. Where are the games? Except for Persona 4 Golden of course...
Go to japan?

Lol which is fine. I fond its really comfy though i give the guy who didn't the ergonomics props.

I agree. I thought it would be extremely awkward to hold when I saw it, but it didn't take long to get used to at all. 

OP: Everyone I know who has a 3DS XL loves it. As others have said, try hunting around for some deals and I think it's a great buy.

sure but games?

I was a former Sony fanboy and I would have defended the Vita to my grave. But...

Sony seems to hate the Vita more than the consumers do. Where are the games? Except for Persona 4 Golden of course...

lol tbh i have no idea

I play games at home on my PC and games on the go on my phone. Screw consoles

"Rawr XD"

lol tbh i have no idea

I play games at home on my PC and games on the go on my phone. Screw consoles

This is how we do.

I still own consoles for JRPGs. Just ONE GENRE makes them viable for me. As soon as they start showing up on PC I'm done with consoles for good, cuz then all the good stuff will be on PC.

Git Gud.