hyper 212 evo not fitting.

I have a maximus vi hero and a graphite 230t the cooler doesn't fit as the ram blocks it,is there any other way I can put it so this doesn't happen?

I have a maximus vi hero and a graphite 230t the cooler doesn't fit as the ram blocks it,is there any other way I can put it so this doesn't happen?

which way are you mounting the 212? with the fan facing towards the bottom of the case or facing the front panel?

I don't know if I will mess up the airflow by turning it a different way?

Should I pull in air from the top of the case?

Should I pull in air from the top of the case?

the fan side should be facing like this build

http://pcpartpicker.com/b/7rkLrH

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

That conflicts with my memory.

Mount the fan on the other side in pull, then it will be over your motherboard heatsinks and not your RAM.

EDIT: Like this:

set_hyper212evo_2.jpg

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."

I have just started building my pc and I have my maximus vi hero rested on my mobo box above a little sheet of plastic bag material that i assume is anti static since the mobo was resting on it in the box(it is not a bag just a 1 dimensional sheet).

I don't know how to hold the mobo up to install the backplate of the fan,I don't want to damage it,should I assemble it in the case first so I can get in behind it?

how do I hold it up safely?

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

What case are you using? Most good cases have a hole where the CPU goes on the MB tray so that you can mount a new backplate without removing the motherboard and clumsily flipping it around. If you have a case with a CPU cutout then I highly recommend installing the MB in the case then installing the Hyper 212 EVO, as this makes it much easier.

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQRIzgEVsjI - The same applys to motherboards, dont put them on top of the anti-static bag, just use the card box that it came in... Regarding the CPU cooler i usualy mount it after the motherboard is installed inside the case, if the case has a back hole to handle CPU cooler mounting plates.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X with Nox Hummer H240 Aura AIO Liquid Cooler; MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F; GPU: XFX RX 6800 RAM: Viper Steel 16 Gb (2X8) 4400Mhz DDR4; Storage: Adata XPG 512 Gb M.2 NVME SSD + 1 Tb WD Blue HDD + 1 Lexar Tb SSD; Case: Phanteks P350X; PSU: Corsair RM750i 80+ Gold; Monitor: Gigabyte M27Q 1440p @170hz; Headset: Hyper X Cloud Stinger; K&M: CM Storm Quickfire TK & Logitech G502.

I have installed it both outside and inside a case. Inside the case is the easiest if you have a cutout for CPU mounting.

If you do it outside you will need help to hold the motherboard.

But I need to t=do test boot first before I put it in the case?

I have a hyper evo 212 and a graphite 230t I can not make the cpu cooler face the RAM as it is high profile corsair RAM and I don't think it would fit.

my mobo is a Asus ROG maximus VI Hero.

I dont know if I should turn it 180 degrees away from the ram and have it pull air from the back of the case as there is a fan there and I don't know which way it blows so it might not be optimal,should I face it down towards the GPU?

Please tell me the optimal orientation. I am very grateful for any answers!

Thank You for reading.

But I need to t=do test boot first before I put it in the case?

naah

I never do it and I have never had a problem

You have 2 front intakes and 1 or 2 exhaust?

I think you should mount the heatsink fan pulling air FROM the heatsink meaning in the opposite side of the ram.

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

Turn it but have it pull air into the Heatsink out the back (config that rear fan in exhaust) 

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

Turn it but have it pull air into the Heatsink out the back (config that rear fan in exhaust) 

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

I have a hyper evo 212 and a graphite 230t I can not make the cpu cooler face the RAM as it is high profile corsair RAM and I don't think it would fit.

my mobo is a Asus ROG maximus VI Hero.

I dont know if I should turn it 180 degrees away from the ram and have it pull air from the back of the case as there is a fan there and I don't know which way it blows so it might not be optimal,should I face it down towards the GPU?

Please tell me the optimal orientation. I am very grateful for any answers!

Thank You for reading.

Fit it with the fans blowing air through the heatsink towards the rear exhaust fan. Most motherboards can have the 212 EVO like that without any RAM compatibility problems.

http://pcpartpicker.com/b/vRmG3C  <--- like these, Hero VI, 212 EVO with some of the highest profile RAM out there.

http://pcpartpicker.com/b/kNK8TW

http://pcpartpicker.com/b/YJ4D4D

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Like this:

post-53826-0-14908600-1406637099_thumb.j

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."